warts on my dog's face and mouth

My 6 month old Siberian Husky (30 lb) has growths in and around her mouth and on her eyelid. I took her to the vet three weeks ago and they said there is nothing to worry about. The one in her mouth and on her eye are of the most concern to me. She does not seem to be in pain, but the one in her mouth is getting bigger.

Her lips have about eight or nine on them, and there are a couple inside her mouth, but not as bad as the one pictured here. And there also seems to be one on her tongue.

I feed her Science Diet puppy food.

Can you please tell me if they will fade on their own or if I should be worried?

Tim

Comments for warts on my dog's face and mouth

My Online Vet Response for Warts on my Dog's Face and Mouth

Hi Tim,
Yes, these warts, or papillomas (as they are called in young dogs), will go away in time. See our page on dog warts for more information. They seem to be triggered by the effect of vaccinations.

In many cases, no treatment is needed for them to disappear on their own. In your dog's case, with so many that have appeared all over her mouth, face and on her tongue, she may need some holistic treatment. Treatment by a holistic veterinarian would be to give the homeopathic remedy Thuya 30c or 200c potency.

Conventional veterinarians may use electrocautery (to burn them off) or liquid Nitrogen (to freeze them off). Both treatments would need to be done under anesthesia. And there is no guarantee that removing them in this manner will prevent them from coming back.

Compare this to Homeopathy: by using Thuya, this will treat the 'vaccinosis' state that has been created from the vaccinations she received. And a permanent cure will result.

Another suggestion to improve her health would be to change her diet. There are better foods available than Science Diet. You should strive to give your dog the healthiest diet by avoiding artificial colors, by-products,and preservatives, such as EDTA, which is found in Science Diet. Check out our page on the 10 Best Dog Food Options and scroll down to some of the raw dog food diets that are available.

To find a holistic veterinarian in your area click here:

With a holistic veterinarian to guide you, it would be best to be very cautious on giving too many vaccinations for the future.