Warts Around Mouth of Dog

by Richard
(Vancouver, BC, Canada)

About a week ago I noticed these three growths around my 7 month old puppy's mouth. They look like warts but I wanted to confirm and to know if there is anything I can do to help get rid of them. They seem to be getting a little bigger every day as well.

Comments for Warts Around Mouth of Dog

My Online Vet Response for: Warts Around Mouth of Dog

Hi Richard,

The photo of your dog's mouth shows that your puppy has benign warts, called 'papillomas' that are caused by a virus. Check out our page on warts in puppies, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/dog-warts.html

Follow the suggestions, but I must warn you, that he may develop MORE warts before the treatment is over and they all go away. It will usually take 6-8 weeks.

Most holistic veterinarians suspect that 'puppy' vaccinations may be responsible for 'triggering' a puppy to be susceptible to this virus. Since their immune system is still immature at this stage, it helps to provide them with the best diet, such as a RAW diet. NO DRY DOG FOOD!

See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html.

Be very cautious with future, 'booster' vaccinations for your dog. Consider finding a holistic veterinarian to use *nosodes*, antibody titers or an exemption form to avoid future vaccinations.