Wart-Like Pink Lump on Dog's Leg

by Allan
(Australia)

Wart-Like Pink Lump on Dog's Leg - Photo 1

Wart-Like Pink Lump on Dog's Leg - Photo 2

My male black 8 year old pitbull mix has a pink lump on his upper left leg one inch below his armpit. It has a snake skin type look. It is round, raised and hard. It appeared a few days ago and doesn't seem to hurt him at all.

Is this cancer? Do I need to take him to the vet asap or wait a week or so to see if it goes away?

Thanks
Allan

Comments for Wart-Like Pink Lump on Dog's Leg

My Online Vet Response For: Wart-Like Pink Lump on Dog's Leg

April 20, 2014

Hi Allan,
From the photos you submitted of this pink lump on your male 8 year old pitbull's left front leg, it does not look like a malignant tumor. Although, as I am not able to determine how large it is from the photo, I am a bit concerned that it has attained this size in only a few days. Or perhaps, it has been there longer, but you only noticed it a few days ago?

It appears to be a benign wart, but other possibilities are histiocytoma or mast cell tumor. In holistic veterinary medicine, benign wart like growths can arise from the effects of vaccinations. If your dog has been vaccinated in the previous few months, then taking a *holistic* approach may be appropriate treatment.

The homeopathic remedy THUYA, (full name Thuja occidentalis), 12C or 30C can be given one time daily for 3 days. One pellet by mouth, 30 minutes before or after a meal.

Monitor this growth for 3-6 weeks. If it continues to rapidly grow, I advise that you seek the help of local holistic veterinarian to obtain a second opinion, in 'person'.