Wart-like growth on dog's flank

by Susan L.

My 7 yo golden has a growth on her left flank that I recently noticed. I'm not sure how long its been there and it hasn't grown since I've noticed it.

Please advise. THANKS!

Comments for Wart-like growth on dog's flank

My Online Vet Response for: Wart-like growth on dog's flank

Hi Susan,
The photos you submitted show what appear to be a cyst or adenoma. These growths are benign, like warts, and are usually very slow growing.

Surgical removal will cause her body to develop more. Therefore, these are best treated by:

1. HOMEOPATHY-The constitutional remedy for her.

2. NO more vaccinations (over vaccinations usually cause these growths to appear in the first place)

3. Improvement in Diet--See our page on 10 Best Dog Food options and consider a RAW dog food diet! Regardless, NO more dry dog food.

4. Take her to a holistic veterinarian for an intake to diagnose her 'constitutional' homeopathic remedy.