Wart on Dog's Mouth

by Julie

Last Saturday my dog received her rabies, distemper and bordetella vaccines. She now has a wart (see picture) growing on her lip. I noticed it about a week ago, but can't honestly remember if it was right before the shots or right after. I think right after though.

It has gotten bigger but not too much. I am wondering if this looks serious or if this is something I can treat myself. If it looks like I can treat it, what do you recommend?

She is a fixed 2 yr old female Am Staff mix.

Thank you so much for your help!

Comments for Wart on Dog's Mouth

My Online Vet Response for: Wart on Dog's Mouth

July 19, 2014

Hi Julie,

Yes, this is very treatable, using homeopathic remedies. These warts in young dogs, are stimulated by vaccines. If not the three vaccines that she was just given, but the vaccines she received at 6 months and at one year of age. See our page on Dog Warts,

To prevent future problems, I suggest you seek the help of a holistic veterinarian, to write an exemption form and to AVOID giving her any more vaccinations.

Next, make sure you are feeding her the BEST diet possible, NO DRY dog food. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, and consider a RAW diet for her.

Give her the homeopathic remedy, THUYA, (Thuja occidentalis, from the white cedar). Try to get the 30C potency. Give her one pellet by mouth, one time daily for 3 days. You may need to repeat one dose in 2-3 weeks depending on how fast the wart is responding.

Send me an update at that time.