Wart on dog's chin

by Kristin
(Chicago, IL, USA)

Wart on Stella's mouth?

Wart on Stella's mouth?

My 2 year-old black lab/border collie has this pinkish wart on her mouth/chin. I noticed it about 4 days ago and it does not seem to be getting better.

I have not tried any remedies yet but I need to find some without spending a lot of money. Can you help me? Thank you.

Comments for Wart on dog's chin

My Online Vet Response to Wart on Dog's Chin

Hi Kristin,
From your photo of Stella's chin, I am not convinced it is actually a dog wart. From her age, and what it looks like, I would say it was 'Puppy Pyoderma', or 'Puppy Strangles'.

This is a condition in dogs 6 months to 2 years of age that is caused by a bacteria in the skin. It will create swollen sores on the face, chin, muzzle and around the eyes. Also, the lymph nodes in the neck will be very swollen.

If it is a wart, she may also develop them on the mucous membrane inside her mouth, the inside of her lips, and on her tongue. It is caused by a virus, and associated with dog vaccinations.

Either condition is best treated by a holistic veterinarian in your area (click link to find one near you).

Vitamin E Oil from Capsule for Dog Wart
by: Linda

Another thing you can try that worked perfectly for my dog... we applied vitamin E oil to our dogs wart on his chin twice a day in less then two weeks it dried up and fell off.