Very red dog eye with yellow puss

by Justin
(Oceanside, Ca)

A couple of days ago we noticed that our dog's eye was very red and has a yellow puss coming out of it. He is scratching at it and it is getting redder and redder. We tried using eye wash and saline spray which really has not helped too much.

Our dog is an old English bull dog. He is about 3 years old and is in good health.

We are hoping there are doggy drops or something we can pick up at PetSmart... please see attached picture and let us know what it might be.

Thanks

Comments for Very red dog eye with yellow puss

My Online Vet Response for: Very red dog eye with yellow puss

Hi Justin,
From the photo you sent, and the history of an acute onset that is gradually worsening, I am afraid that your dog may have a foreign body in his eye.

There are no 'doggy' eye drops that will remove a foreign body. You will need to take him in to a veterinarian to have him examined. Hopefully, he has not scratched his cornea during the past 2 days that he has been rubbing his eye!