The Honest Kitchen and Orijen

(Montreal, Quebec, Canada)

When I don't have time to make my dog's food from scratch, I like The Honest Kitchen brand which is organic, human grade dehydrated food to which I add warm filtered water. My pooch loves it and it's high fibre content gives him consistent and well-formed poop.

I like their protein-free product called Preference, to which I add my own protein: either fresh fish or beef or my other favourite product: Orijen I don't give my dog chicken because I saw a documentary on CBC TV (Cananda) that showed that even organic chicken tends to have antibiotics in it (albeit less than the mass produced stuff).

Comments for The Honest Kitchen and Orijen

Average Rating starstarstarstar

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Honest Kitchen Preference NEW

I recently switched food for my 2 shelties due to the fact that my oldest is having problems with a high ALT and some hypothyrodism. I wanted to give them both the best I could in nutrition and found that the Honest Kitchen, Preference, lets me add my own meat to it so I know what they're getting. I feed them twice a day and they're always eager to eat. Last vet check and my dog's ALT had gone down substantially. It's still high, but I'm hoping it will keep decreasing.

Rating
starstar
Honest kitchen isn't honest NEW

There analysis isn't right. In one of their analysis the total formula added up to 92%.

To me, it looked like in some places they mixed up some units for dry vs wet. But when I called them to task on it, they said "8% isn't much.. It's just a rounding thing...

Really ...8%,... "Honest Kitchen". With than kind of honesty who knows what they do.

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Nice NEW

Not bad post. Over all i appreciate your website design and i also appreciate your way of talking. Please keep posting... Heavy duty grass mats now you can buy at low rate in UK

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to What kind of dog food do you feed your dog?.