Sore on Dog's Leg

by Barbara K.
(Gaffney, SC)

Sore on leg

Sore on leg

Sore on leg
Same sore

Just noticed today that my Boxer mix has a reddened sore on his upper left front leg. I have noticed that he is licking it quite often and is guarding it somewhat. My concern is that it could be a spider bite or something more serious.

I hope that you can help me out. Thanks

Comments for Sore on Dog's Leg

My Online Vet Response for: Sore on Dog's Leg

Hi Barbara,
This does not have the appearance of a spider bite, but the photo is slightly out of focus. It does appear to look like a growth.

It would be best to have a holistic veterinarian check it. I advise getting a physical exam and an impression smear to look under the microscope to differentiate between a growth/mass and a lick granuloma.

I am suspicious that it may be a growth, because he is a Boxer mix, and Boxer breed dogs are VERY susceptible to cancer.

DO NOT give him ANY vaccinations, especially if you find out this is a growth or mass.

Start him on a healthy diet (see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options) and especially consider a RAW diet for him.

Start some immune supplements, like the following:

For the Immuplex, give him one capsule TWO times daily, opened and sprinkled in his food.