Small Red/Pink Lesion on Dog's Jaw

by Kate
(Australia)

Dudley's lesion

Dudley's lesion

We noticed a small red/ pink lesion on the left side lower jawline of our 2 year old dalmatian on 05 May 2012, approximately 4 days ago. We believe it has grown rapidly since it appears to be twice its size. Please review the photo taken on 09 May 2012.

Is it a wart or papilloma and how best can it be treated?

Comments for Small Red/Pink Lesion on Dog's Jaw

My Online Vet Response for: Small Red/Pink Lesion on Dog's Jaw

Hi Kate,
Since Dudley is only 2 years old, I suspect that this lesion is a papilloma. Although, it is in an odd location. Did you have Dudley vaccinated in March or April? Sudden appearances of warts/papillomas are usually associated with vaccinations.

Give him Thuya 30c or 200c, one dry pellet by mouth or dissolve one pellet in Spring water, and give one dose ONE time daily for 3 days.

It should disappear in 3-6 weeks.

If not, then further remedies may be of benefit, and make sure that he has proper nutrition... NO DRY DOG food, (see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options), consider a RAW dog food for him. No exposure to toxic flea or tick products, and no more vaccinations. A holistic veterinarian can write an exemption.

Wart Removal
by: Owners

It's a funny thing worrying about some things. Dudley's warts just seemed to fall off due to his normal play and rousing with other dogs and the family ie me. We feel better for it and Dudley, the dog, doesn't seem to care either way. Thanks you all for your support.

cheers.