Small Bump At Injection Point of Dog's Skin After Vaccination

by Gina F.
(Guaynabo, Puerto Rico)

I just recently adopted a Italian Greyhound and noticed a tiny bump on his skin a week after I vaccinated him. The bump is exactly where they injected him.

What should I do?

He's gonna be 4 month old and I tried taking a picture but you cant see it... but when I pet him I can feel it.

Thanks, Gina

Comments for Small Bump At Injection Point of Dog's Skin After Vaccination

My Online Vet Response for: Small Bump At Injection Point of Dog's Skin After Vaccination

Hi Gina,

Greyhounds and related breeds, Italian Greyhounds and Whippets, have extremely delicate skin. Wounds will take a LONG time to heal and often leave scars.

When the 'injury' occurs from a vaccination, injecting foreign substances/toxic adjuvants, under the skin and there is ANY kind of a reaction, it is best to immediately dose with Thuya 12C or 30C potency. Give one pellet by mouth TWO times daily for three days. Then STOP.

Over a three week period, monitor the site, observing for swelling, redness, mass formation, etc.

Depending on the response, if it goes away completely no repeat of the remedy is needed. If it is still present then repeat ONE dose ONE time.

If it is growing more and more, then more doses will be needed or a different remedy.

Alert the veterinarian regarding this vaccine reaction. And, I would advise NO MORE vaccinations if possible.

- Dog Vaccination Schedule
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Vaccinations Section