Slow-growing Wart on Top of Dog's Head

by Sheree H.
(Brantford On Canada)

I want to know how to get rid of the wart that is growing slowly on the top of my dog's head. It started about 2 years ago as a dot... it is now a cluster of small bumps the size of the head of a thumb tac.

Thank you for your help,

Sheree

Comments for Slow-growing Wart on Top of Dog's Head

My Online Vet Response For: Slow-growing Wart on Top of Dog's Head

Hi Sheree,
GREAT photo with graphics and arrows!! Very nice. Regarding the wart on top of head adjacent to base of Right ear on your 13 year old Jack Russell-- you asked, "I want to know how to get rid of the wart that is growing slowly on the top of my dog's head."

1. STOP all vaccinations. Seek the help of a holistic veterinarian for a Rabies Exemption.

2. Topical Thuya ointment --apply one time daily to the wart for 3-6 weeks. It is made by homeopathic pharmacies, such as Boiron.

3. Good diet. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options and consider a RAW dog food diet, if he is not already eating one.

4. Boost his immune system by giving him one or more immune supplements such as:

If the wart is still the same size or not going away completely, he may need an ORAL homeopathic remedy based on his 'constitution'. A holistic veterinarian would be able to 'take the case' and determine the best remedy.