Skin Growth on Dog's Neck

by Nina K
(Nashville, TN, USA)

Beagle's Neck Growth

Beagle's Neck Growth

Beagle's Neck Growth
Our 8 Year Old Beagle

I have an 8 year old beagle (neutered male) that has always been healthy and is a very active dog. About a couple of years ago we found a small bump on his neck, about a size of a small pea. The vet at the time didn't consider it alarming, recommended to keep eye on it, and take further actions if it starts to change.

He has had regular vet check-ups annually, and has always found healthy, and has always been kept up to date with the vaccinations. The bump was not originally caused by any kind of trauma (insect bites, dog bites, etc).

This spring there has been growth in this mass. It doesn't bother him (not itchy, bleeding). I tried to squeeze in order to see if anything comes out of it. Squeezing didn't bother the dog, and only a little bit blood came out as I broke the outermost skin layer. The growth is clearly on the outer layer of the skin, feels solid, and is not reaching to the deeper tissue layers.

I am going to get the fine needle aspiration done on this growth but meanwhile would like to know about the possibilities of what it could be.

Benign/malign tumor, papilloma, cyst...?

Comments for Skin Growth on Dog's Neck

My Online Vet Response For: Skin Growth on Dog's Neck

Hi Nina,

From the photo you submitted, I think this growth is benign. Or, it started off benign but with ongoing vaccinations, may have changed to something more 'suspicious'.

"has always been kept up to date with the vaccinations"

Treating by conventional methods and having this surgically removed, I suspect that more of these growths will appear, especially if he continues to receive vaccinations.

Treating this 'holistically' for the condition called *vaccinosis*, using homeopathic remedies, gradually switch him to a RAW diet, NO dry dog food, no more vaccinations, no toxic flea or tick products, and the growth should disappear or shrink, without any new ones returning.

Find a holistic veterinarian to write an exemption form to avoid future vaccinations and start him on a homeopathic remedy, specific for your dog, and see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options,

Info on comparing holistic veterinarian to conventional,