Red Rash on Inside of Dog's Hind Legs

by Melanie

My 8 year old Boston Terrier has this rash on the insides of his legs mostly at the armpit areas next to his belly, but it spreads down his rear legs. I'm hoping to find a way to heal it without taking him to the vet, as I've spent over $1200 in the last 6 months with his yeast infections in his ears, complete tail removal and a ruptured eyeball.

Please help! Thank you!

Comments for Red Rash on Inside of Dog's Hind Legs

My Online Vet Response for: Red Rash on Inside of Dog's Hind Legs

February 27, 2015

Hi Melanie,
From the photos of your dog, and the few things you mentioned of his medical history, I am worried he may have either a drug reaction, autoimmune system reaction, or contact dermatitis.

You do not mention if he is itching or scratching, so I am more concerned it is from an internal problem. Although, I worry that he may develop a secondary yeast or bacterial infection with such severe inflammation.

Until, you obtain a diagnosis, as you seem hesitant to take him in, here are some suggestions,
1. Give him one dose of Sulphur 6C or 12C two times daily for the next 3 weeks. (Available at a health food store or online.)
Can be given in dry pellet form or dissolve one pellet in a 2oz glass dropper bottle filled with Spring water, and give 1/2 dropperful by mouth two times daily. Shake 20 times by shaking it against the palm of your hand prior to each dose.

2. Bathe him in cool water two times per week with a baby shampoo, for the next 3 weeks. Rinse and dry him well.

3. NO VACCINATIONS, ever. Contact a holistic veterinarian to write an exemption form.

4. Feed a canned or RAW diet. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options,
Raw foods such as Primal, Bravo, or Aunt Jeni's. NO DRY DOG FOOD.

5. NO TOXIC flea or tick products. See our page on Natural Flea prevention, And check out EVOLV (made of cedar oil), from

6. Consider some immune system supplements, such as Standard Process Canine Immune System Support powder that is added to the food.