Raised Scab on Dog's Stomach

A red dime-sized circle developed in the middle of our Boston Terrier's stomach 3 weeks ago that is now raised and has sort of a dark scab on it. It never did bleed, itch or ooze.

We put Neosporin on it, but no change in size nor appearance.

Comments for Raised Scab on Dog's Stomach

My Online Vet Response for Raised Scab on Dog's Stomach

Hello,
Your Boston Terrier appears to have an infected tick bite, from the photo you sent. Although, I would have expected some healing to have occurred in 3 weeks. Not knowing anything else about your dog, I am reluctant to give you a definitive diagnosis online.

It would be good to know her age, past medical history, previous allergies (if any),and her diet.

Also,has there been any environmental exposure to ticks, spiders, etc.? Having a blood panel done to rule out auto-immune diseases or any underlying metabolic problems would also help to diagnose the problem. A physical exam to include a skin scraping, culture and sensitivity, check her for swollen lymph nodes, fever, any other lesions, especially around mucous membranes, would be essential.

My best advice to you would be to seek out a holistic veterinarian to help you.

To find a holistic veterinarian in your area click here:

- Dog Flea Medicine, Treatment & Prevention,
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Fleas & Ticks Section

raised scabs on dog

my dog had and has the same thing still took to vet spent a fortune still don't have an answer and the dog and now his brother has the same thing too