The Best Raised Dog Beds
One of our good friends recently ordered two raised dog beds online for their elderly Labs and has since reported much improvement in their mobility and quality of sleep.
These beds are not as common as other types of dog beds, probably because most dog owners are not as familiar with the design and it offers.
We recommend the following raised dog beds for both their quality and for their professional and reliable manufacturers...
Organic Note: The majority of raised dog beds are made with a heavy duty nylon material which is a non-organic substance, yet safe for use by your dog.
Raised dog beds are for dogs of all ages but specifically for dogs in their senior years. They ease joint and muscle pain by providing consistent “off-the-ground” support to the spinal column and hip joints.
Buy at AllPosters.com
These beds also raise the dog off the ground, keeping them above cold and drafty floors, unwanted insects and other varmints.
And unlike the more traditionarl stuffed dog bed, raised dog beds eliminate the space for odor causing bacteria buildup.
Here are a few other things to keep in mind during your search for the right bed:
- Watch out for raised dog beds that are made with PVC tubing. PVC is easily chewed through by your dog, which creates small jagged pieces that can cause choking.
- The height of the raised dog bed is very important! The height of the bed is relative to the size of your dog. Don’t purchase a bed that is raised 10 inches off the ground if your dog is a mere 10 lbs with tiny legs. Purchasing a bed that is raised too high could cause injury due to strain or a mid-night tumble.
With these important tips in mind, take a peek to see if a raised dog bed might be right for your dog...
The Camp Cot is a stylish and durable raised dog bed that is perfect for picnics, camping or just lounging around the back yard.
This attractive camp cot's qualities include:
- Great support for joints and sore muscles
- Hammock design is washable and weather-resistant
- Great for pet friendly travel, easy to fold
- Available in three sizes (LxWxH) : Small: 22” x 22” x 9” – up to 22 lbs, Medium: 28” x 28” x 11” – up to 50 lbs, Large: 34” x 34” x 13” – up to 75 lbs
- Available in one striped red pattern
- Camp Cot is available at Fetch.com with price ranges from $39 - $59
Remember, just becuase we like to roll around in dirt doesn't mean we don't like to get up off the ground once and a while!
We are very impressed with the PetCot’s products and their commitment to help dogs everywhere! PetCots are used in homes, veterinary facilities, kennels and doggie daycares because they are safe, reliable and most importantly…comfortable for your dog.
The PetCot is a simple design that sits 4 ½ inches off the floor and is made with galvanized metal, meaning it’s safe and incredibly sturdy. There are no parts for your dog to chew or destroy because everything is designed with your dog’s tendencies in mind.
The PetCot’s website offers a wide array of accessories to individualize your PetCot and make it the perfect resting place for your dog.
You will find an orthopedic cover that simply slips over the cot’s surface to provide additional support for older dogs, along with individual replaceable parts and simple stylish PetCot covers.
The PetCot has many product qualities such as:
- A safe elevated design which keeps dogs away from the cold floor
- It’s hygienic because it will not become a breeding ground for odor and bacteria
- It helps prevent joint pain for arthritic and geriatric dogs
- It’s easy to wipe clean and keep sanitized
- Durable yet lightweight
- Replacement parts are available
- Available in four sizes and four colors: X-Large: 46” x 30” x 4.5”- for dogs 90+ lbs, Large- 39” x 28” x 4.5” – for dogs 60-90 lbs, Medium- 39” x 22” x 4.5” – for dogs 25-60 lbs, Small- 22” x 22” x 4.5” – for dog up to 20 lbs
- Price ranges from $59.99 to $89.99
The Durabed framed dog bed is a
durable dog bed that can support up to 250 lbs. Its
surface is made from a luggage grade nylon which is stretched
steel bar bed frame to
create a taught and supportive resting place for
Veterinarians recommend the Durabed Framed Dog Bed for elderly dogs that require extra support for their sore muscles and joints.
A few things you should know about this dog bed are...
- Made from luggage grade nylon which is machine washable
- 16 gauge steel frame creates a supportive foundation
- Padded platform provides additional comfort for sleeping surface
- Available in four sizes with assigned colors: X- Large- 42” x 34” x 12” - Black Only, Large- 34” x 27” x 12” - Forest Green Only, Medium- 27” x 21” x 12” - Navy Only, Small- 21” x 17” x 12” - Burgundy Only
- Price range is $30.77 – $61.96
- Assembly is required for this bed
The Original Coolaroo Dog Bed is perfect for those of you seeking a weather proof raised dog bed to sit on your patio or in your living room.
Their tag line is, “Your pet is lifted off the elements!” Which is very true…it gives your dog a cool place to lie in the summer months and an elevated retreat from the cold, damp ground in the winter months.
This bed was featured on the CBS Early Show in 2008 where they showcased its original Coolaroo fabric which is flea, mite, mold and mildew resistant. This bed is easy to hose clean when needed.
A few things you should know about this bed are:
- 5 year fabric warranty against UV degradation
- Resists mold and mildew
- Flea and mite resistant
- Easy to clean
- Available in three sizes (LxWxH) - Small- 34.6” x 21.6” x 7.9”, Medium- 42.1” x 25.6” x 7.9” , Large-51.1” x 31.5” x 7.9”
- Weight Restrictions - Small- Pets up to 35 lbs, Medium- Pets up to 75 lbs, Large- Pets up to 150 lbs
- Available in three colors: Green and Black, Terracotta and Black, Slate and Black
- Price ranges from $24.95 – $39.95
- Replacement covers are also available for $14.99
This is a superior raised dog bed that comes at a bargain price along with a money back guarantee!
Was this page helpful? If so, please tell your friends about it with a Facebook like or via Twitter, Pinterest, email or good old fashioned word of mouth. Thank you for supporting our efforts!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.
For additional research, search for your topic...
In the spirit of full disclosure, we wanted to let you know that we proudly support this website through advertising and affiliate marketing. In other words, when you click on a link that takes you outside of this website, we often earn a small commission. These small commissions allow us to keep the site up and running and to continue offering it completely free of charge to you. Rest assured that all content, recommendations and advice are created before, and are independent of, any sponsorship or affiliate relationship. Click here for more info.