Pink bumps on my dog's chin

by Jeniffer
(Tucson)

My sweet boxer mix has some pinkish bumps in a cluster on her chin.

She had recently gotten some cactus in her foot, so I thought it may have been from her trying to get it out with her mouth. However they seem to be getting larger. At least one of them opened today.

It doesn't seem to hurt her and I've been rubbing vitamin E on it daily. Everything else about her behavior, including eating and drinking, is normal.

It doesn't seem to bother her much when I put pressure on them, but I did notice today that the open one has some clear fluid in it... although it didn't drain when I applied pressure.

Do you know what this is or how I should care for it?

Comments for Pink bumps on my dog's chin

My Online Vet Response for Pink Bumps on my dog's chin

Hi Jeniffer,
From the photo you submitted, it appears that your boxer has canine acne. These are pimples or pustules that arise from bacteria in the skin.

I do not think it is from cactus spines. Cleansing her chin with a baby shampoo, rinse and dry well, one time daily for one week. Applying hydrogen peroxide to the area two times daily for one week will act as an antiseptic.

In some Boxers with skin folds under their neck/chin area, it is not unusual for bacteria to proliferate. Therefore, keeping the area very clean will help to prevent the problem.

If this is not helping to clear it up completely, she may need to have some dog dietary supplements to boost her immune system. Also, improving the quality of her diet and/or seeking the help of a local holistic veterinarian may be in order.

- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Warts, Cysts and Strange Growths Section,

Thank you!

This comment was very helpful!! My dog has the same thing! I also read that cleaning the dishes he feeds from is a good idea as well! Thanks!

Thanks

Helped us out as well

Thanks!
by: Jean

Thank you so much - just what I needed to find. my dog has exactly the same.

Very Helpful!

Thank you! That was very helpful, my dog has the same thing!

question

But what if it's just one bomb and about 1 inch or so long and looks blood filled.

My Online Vet Response for: Pink bumps on my dog's chin

February 22, 2014

"But what if it's just one bomb and about 1 inch or so long and looks blood filled."

You will need to rephrase (or correct your spelling) for this question. Also, I'm happy to help, but we only accept new questions from subscribers (the original question above was from a subscriber).

Re: Pink bumps on chine
by: Michelle

MI noticed my Doberman has these very same bumps. She loves to stick her head in every hole she sees. Thank you very much for the advice.

My Online Vet Response for: Pink bumps on My dog's chin

August 13, 2014

Hi Michelle,

Re: Your Doberman that has these very same bumps

Thanks for your question. I'm happy to help, but we only accept new questions from subscribers (the original question above was from a subscriber).

Bumps NEW

My pup has little bumps under his cheeks and they look dry! My other dog has a cluster if pimples on her chest! Did she give it to him! Can he have gotten them from playing rough with her