Perianal Adenoma Diagnosis - Should We Operate?

by Jess

Our 7 year old female spayed dog Jenny has a tumor near her anus; we’ve been told by the Vet it’s a Perianal Adenoma. It started growing about a year ago, very small at the beginning, like the size of a pea. Now it’s about the size of a grape. It is benign.

The vet has no opinion one way or the other about whether we should operate. On the one hand she’s young so it may grow bigger. Then removing it may be more complicated. On the other hand it could just grow so slowly and not be a problem.

We don’t want to risk fetal incontinence with surgery. But should we just remove it now to avoid a possibly bigger tumor in the future if it keeps growing?

Not sure what to do! Jenny herself is fine and doesn’t seem bothered by the tumor.

Jenny is a lab mix, very active and friendly, with a mellow disposition.

Comments for Perianal Adenoma Diagnosis - Should We Operate?

My Online Vet Response for: Perianal Adenoma Diagnosis- Should We Operate?

November 4, 2014

Hi Jess,
From my experience as a holistic veterinarian, I have treated dogs with tumors using homeopathic remedies, and NO surgery, and had them shrink and in some cases disappear. So, in my opinion, I would advise no surgery for Jenny, and seek the help of a holistic veterinarian, to take her case and treat her with homeopathic remedies.

With the correct homeopathic remedy, proper diet, NO MORE vaccinations, you can stop the growth of this tumor, and perhaps make it shrink and/or even disappear completely.

To find a veterinarian:

For a healthy diet, see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, and consider a RAW diet to feed Jenny. Nature's Variety, BRAVO, Primal, etc.

Dr Ron Schultz veterinary immunologist spoke at the Western Vet conference last year, and in his lecture on canine and feline vaccinations, said, "Dogs and cats need only one or two vaccinations between the ages of 6 months to 2 years to give them enough immunity to last the rest of their life!"

Dr Richard Pitcairn, in his book, 'Natural Health for Dogs and Cats', says "Giving a vaccination to a dog with cancer or a tumor, is like throwing gasoline on a fire."

A holistic veterinarian will be able to write an exemption form to avoid future vaccinations.