<i>My Online Vet</i>

Frequently Asked Questions & Policies

Click one of the following links to jump to that section, then click the question's link to jump to the answer further down this page...

About My Online Vet

Subscribing

Asking Questions After Subscribing Via PayPal

Responses from Our Holistic Veterinarians

Cancellation, Refunds, Unsubscribing & Content Use

Don't see your question above? Click here to contact us.

About My Online Vet

What are the qualifications of your veterinarians?

Click here to read the bios of our holistic/conventional veterinarian partners. You can also read our My Online Vet summary and our Dog Vet Care page to understand why we only partner with vets who have been both conventionally and holistically trained and licensed.

Will the same vet answer all of my questions?

When possible, the same vet will respond to all of your questions.  We do this to provide consistency - the more our vet gets to know your dog, the better his or her advice can be.

Do you have sample questions and answers that I can see from other visitors?

Our My Online Vet Ask-a-Vet Online Library contains all questions ever asked by other visitors along with our holistic veterinarians' responses. Each month we update the library with all new questions posted during that month.

What do you mean when you say that your vets can only provide general recommendations?

Our holistic veterinarians can only provide general advice based on the depth of your question and the picture you submit.  While your online vet's advice will be as specific and accurate as possible, their advice should never replace the advice of your local veterinarian as a local vet has the ability to evaluate your dog "in person".

In addition, while our holistic vets can recommend effective over-the-counter treatments that are generally used to treat similar conditions and even let you know commonly used prescription medications, they are not able to prescribe any specific medications for your dog. 

Go to the bottom of our Dog Vet Care page to find a holistic vet in your area (our holistic vets can also recommend the best type of holistic vet for your dog - just ask them!).

Subscribing

How do I subscribe and what are my options?

You have 2 options depending on your situation...

1. Ask up to 3 questions per month for $9.95 per month. This is the method we recommend.  In a survey of our visitors, most said that they would want to ask a question one or two times per month. With every question, you should be as detailed as you can so your vet can provide the best advice possible (see below).

Should you have a follow up question to your vet's response (or after you follow his or her advice), we will apply it towards your 3 monthly questions as follow up questions take equally as much time for your vet to respond.   The "one question at a time" option below would require you to sign up again to ask any follow up question. 

Compared to the "one question at a time" option below, this option allows you to ask 2 more questions per month for only $2.20 more. 

You can click the following "Subscribe" button to sign up for a subscription via PayPal. As reviewed in the My Online Vet page, the recurring monthly subscription fee is $9.95 and allows you to ask up to 3 questions per month.

After you subscribe via PayPal, they will provide a link/button back to the My Online Vet Question Submission Form.

3 Questions Per Month Subscription - $9.95/month

1. Ask one question at a time for $7.75.  If you don't think you will have follow up questions and you don't think you will ask more than one question per month, this option will save you a couple of dollars.  
    While not as good a value as the "3 questions per month" option above, this option is still well worth the peace of mind of having a top veterinarian review and respond to your specific issue before spending a lot of money to take your dog in to the vet.

Click the following "Buy Now" button to sign up for a single question. After you subscribe via PayPal, they will provide a link/button back to the My Online Vet Question Submission Form.

1 Question - $7.75

How do I know that my financial information is secure?

We have chosen to partner with PayPal, the most secure and simple online third party payment tool available.  By using PayPal, we never see any of your financial information.  They only give us the email that you signed up with along with a confirmation that you have paid.  

Click here to jump to PayPal's site for more details about their privacy and security policies.

Will you share my contact information with anyone?

No, we will not share your contact information with anyone outside of Organic Pet Digest.  We will only use your contact information to get in touch about Organic-Pet-Digest related issues.

Asking Questions After Subscribing

Do I need to log in to ask a question?

No. After you sign up via PayPal (click here to learn how), PayPal will provide a link/button that will take you back to "Step 2" where you will fill out the My Online Vet Question Submission Form.

You will submit all of your questions through that form, so be sure to bookmark that page if you choose the 3-question-per-month "Subscription" option.

Continue reading below for more details about how to ask a question...

How do I ask My Online Vet a question?

After subscribing through PayPal (subscribe here if you haven't already),  navigate to the Question Submission Form by clicking the "Return to Organic Pet Digest" button on PayPal's site after you submit your payment.

This will take you to Step 2 of the process where asking your question is easy... simply read the instructions, fill out and submit the form.   

If you've already paid through PayPal but didn't click the "Return to OPD" button, you can click here to get to the Step 2 page.

Your vet's response will be as direct and thorough as possible based on the detail and picture you provide.  It is important that you include all necessary information about your dog's situation, including:

1. your dog's age
  2. your dog's gender
  3. your dog's breed
  4. an explanation of the situation
  5. everything that you or other vets have already tried
  6. a picture of your dog's problem area (strongly recommended but not required)

After submitting your question you will then be taken to the "Next Steps" page where you'll need to review a few tips, make changes to your submission at the bottom of the page (if necessary) and set notification options (so we can email you when your questions and answers are ready).

Why do you limit my questions to 3 per month?

We have chosen 3 per month for a couple of reasons...  

First, we surveyed our visitors for a month before introducing My Online Vet, and in one of the survey questions we asked "If you had to guess, how many questions would you ask per month?"  Most people said 1 or 2, and no one said more than 3.

Second, we need to estimate how many questions will come in per month in order to help our vets budget their time.

If I ask less than 3 questions per month, do my unused questions "roll over"?

No.  We need to be able to estimate how many questions will come in per month in order to help our vets budget their time.  Allowing questions to "roll over" could overload our vets in certain months.

What happens if I ask about more than one problem per submission?

You are able to get advice on up to 3 issues per month.  If more than one problem is included in one submission, our vets will answer them but the number will go towards your maximum of 3.

If you have already asked 2 questions and your third contains two separate issues, our vets will only respond to the first issue posted.

Can I ask a follow up question to a response that my vet provided?

1. your dog's age
  2. your dog's gender
  3. your dog's breed
  4. an explanation of the situation

If you only signed up to ask one question, you will need to sign up again to ask a follow-up question.  If you selected the "Subscription" option and have not yet reached your 3 question limit, any follow up question will apply towards your 3 questions.

If you have not yet reached your 3 question limit, you can go to the web page with your question and click the "Click here to add your own comments" link. Then follow the instructions to post your follow up comment (question).

When will my questions and answers be posted?

With the exception of circumstances out of our control (i.e. technical issues, our veterinarian handling an emergency for another pet, etc.), both your questions and answers will be posted to a new web page the same day if you submit your question by 4:00PM EST and no later than the next day if you submit your question after 4:00PM EST (except Sundays and holidays).

Keep in mind that your questions will usually be posted well before a response from your vet is posted.

Can you email me to let me know when my questions and answers have been posted?

Yes.  After filling out and submitting the submission form in Step 2 of your sign up, all you need to do is check the appropriate "Notification Options" boxes at the bottom of the "Next Steps" Step 3 page and let us know which email address you want us to use in the box provided.  The confirmation page comes up after you submit your question.

Where do I find my question on your site?

First, see the timing of responses section above.  

If it's past the timeframe mentioned depending on when you submitted your question, a new web page with your question should have been created by now.

If you bookmarked the "Step 2" page, go there now and scroll below the submission form.  There you will find a link to your question towards the top of the list of visitor questions.  If you forgot to bookmark the page when you signed up, Contact Us and we'll email the link to you after confirming your subscription.

In the future, you can check the "Notification Options" boxes at the bottom of the "Next Steps" page after you submit your question.   This way, we know it's okay to email you when your question and answer are live on our site.

You mentioned that my veterinarian may not respond on Sundays and 3 holidays.  What days do you consider a holiday?

Following are the holidays when you may not receive a response from your vet:

• New Year's Day
  • Christmas Day
  • Halloween (our kids and dogs will be out trick-or-treating, all in full costume!)

I submitted a question but never received a response.  What happened?

This could be the result of a few things...

1. You have not signed up via PayPal.  You must either have a monthly subscription or have signed up to ask one question in order to use My Online Vet.

You can click the following "Subscribe" or "Buy Now" button below to sign up online via PayPal.  As reviewed in the My Online Vet page, the recurring monthly subscription fee is $9.95 and allows you to ask up to 3 questions per month while the single question option is $7.75...
1 Question - $7.75

1. Did you click the "Notification Options" check boxes at the bottom of the "Next Steps" page after you submitted your question?  This is the only way that we know it's okay to email you to let you know when your questions and answers are live on our site.  

As long as you submitted your question before 4:00pm EST today (excluding Sundays & 3 holidays), a new web page with your question should have been created by now.  Click here to go back to the submission form, then scroll down to the "Questions and Answers" section below the form.  Your page's link will be the same or similar to the title that you created in your form and will be located towards the top of the visitor submissions links.  Keep in mind that it will take your vet some time to respond after your question has been posted.

If you submitted your question after 4:00pm EST today, a new page with your question will be posted (and your vet will respond) tomorrow.
  1. If you have subscribed, our standard time to respond has passed AND you checked the "Questions and Answers" section below the subscription form and don't see a your link (similar to or the same as your question's topic), please use our Contact Us form to let us know.  We'll look into it and get back to you right away.

I forgot to bookmark the "Step 2" page with the Question Submission Form and all of the questions and answers from other visitors.   Where can I find the link?

First, only visitors who have signed up through PayPal have access to this page.

If you have signed up through PayPal but forgot to bookmark the page or lost the link, let us know by filling out our Contact Us form. We'll confirm that you have signed up then email you the link.

I found my question on your site, but there has been no response from my vet.  Why?

Your questions always go live before your answers as our vets need time to review them and respond.  Your answers should be live on the same page as your question by the end of the day today if you submitted your question before 4:00pm EST or by the end of the day tomorrow (at the latest, excluding Sundays and holidays) if you submitted your question after 4:00pm EST.

How can I find an "in person" holistic vet in my area to compliment the advice I receive from My Online Vet?

How do I unsubscribe?

First, unsubscribing only applies if you selected the "3 questions per month" option. Since the "one question at a time" option is a one-time charge and not a recurring subscription, you do not need to unsubscribe if you selected that option.

If you are currently subscribed for the "3 questions per month" option and wish to unsubscribe, you can click the following "Unsubscribe" button to cancel your subscription...

If you have an extra moment, please complete our Contact Us form to let us know why you have chosen to unsubscribe and how we can improve. We appreciate it, and please feel free to come back and search our hundreds of pages of free online vet advice any time!

What are your cancellation, refund and pricing policies?

1. Cancellation & Refund Policies - You are able to cancel at any time, however any billed/paid amounts will not be refunded for any reason.  
    1. If you chose the "3 questions per month" service and have already been billed for the month, canceling your subscription through the "Unsubscribe" button above will ensure that you will not be billed in future months.  You will still be able to ask your vet up to 3 questions in the month for which you have paid.
    2. If you chose the "one question at at time" service and have already been billed, there is no need to cancel as there was only a one-time charge.  While we cannot provide a refund, you will still have the ability to ask your question and receive a response from your vet.
  2. Pricing Policy - Pricing for both the "3 questions per month" and "one question at a time" services are subject to change at any time. Should the 3 questions per month pricing change, we will notify current subscribers via the email address they provided at least 30 days in advance.

Can I use the content created by me, my vet or others?

No.  All content submitted to My Online Vet is the exclusive property of Organic Pet Digest.  Written authorization must be given in order to use any content from Organic Pet Digest.

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.