My dachshund has diabetes

by Liz Bruce
(Rogers, AR USA)

My 10-year old Dachshund, Suzy, was recently diagnosed with dog diabetes. The vet put her on a special dog food and she receives 2 injections of insulin daily.

Does anyone know where can I find insulin at the lowest price? I paid $55 at Walgreens for a small vile. Any suggestions or tips would be helpful.

I would also like to get connected with an online dog lovers group.

Liz

Comments for My dachshund has diabetes

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

ltootie my dauchound NEW
by: Judy

My 9 year old female dachshund has diabetes for three months. She started on 10unts twice a day, now
on 15 twice a day. It's about to break my hear. Now she has developed glaucoma, the left one is worse than the right, but it's getting worse.
Stays with an infection all the time.

Any suggestions??????

ltootie my dauchound NEW
by: Judy

Stays with an infection all the time.

Any suggestions??????

dachshund diabetes NEW
by: sasan

looking for a support group for Dachshund diabetes.

My dachshund was diagnosed one week ago NEW
by: susan

Hi, My 9 years old dachshund(Lucy) was diagnosed one week ago. I am so scared about all of it. The vet put her on a special diet and has insulin 2 times a day. Today she spent the whole day at her vets for a blood test's to see how the insulin is working and to see if she need it changed to a different amount. I will be picking her up in about w hour and then I will be able hopefully to get a better handle on this disease. I am also hoping to be in some kind of support group too.

cheaper insulin...no scrip needed
by: Herb

I get mine at walmart...100 small needles and a vial of N insulin for 38 bucks.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Stories, Experiences and Pictures.