Mole on Dog's Face Above Eyebrow

by Judy
(suburb of Chicago, IL)

Mole on Dog's Face Above Eyebrow - Photo 2

Mole on Dog's Face Above Eyebrow - Photo 1

Our 10 yr old silky terrier developed a dark mole above his left eyebrow about 2 months ago. It doesn't seem to have gotten any bigger from its original size (about the size of a pencil eraser end). It doesn't bother him when I touch it, and doesn't bleed.

He eats Blue Wilderness small breed dog food and gets a pet vitamin daily. He is still frisky and playful for his age. He loves chasing his ball outside and going for walks and rides in the car.

How serious is this problem, and should we be at the vet right now?

Comments for Mole on Dog's Face Above Eyebrow

My Online Vet Response for: Mole on Dog's Face Above Eyebrow

August 30, 2013

Hi Judy,

For this mole to appear at such a large size 2 months ago, I would be a bit concerned about it. It looks like a benign growth, especially since it has not changed since it first appeared. But I advise having it checked by a holistic veterinarian. Did it appear after a vaccination? If so, there are homeopathic remedies that will treat it, without surgery, to shrink it, or make go away. Also, while Blue Buffalo is a fairly healthy brand of food, you should consider feeding something even better, such as a RAW diet. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options,

And NO vaccinations. According to Dr. Richard Pitcairn's book, Natural Health for Dogs and Cats, giving a dog a vaccinations when they have a tumor or cancer, is like throwing gasoline on a fire!