Marble-Sized Eyelid Growth on Dog

by Steve P.
(Greenlawn, NY, USA)

Our 11 year old male beagle has developed dark marble-sized cyst or growth on his right eyelid. He had smaller cyst several years ago which went away on it's own, but this time it has grown over past year and now is also oozing and occasionally bleeding.

At present we don't have money for vets tests and/or surgery. He appears healthy in every other way, has a great appetite and gets plenty of exercise with our other dog which is a yellow lab.

Can you help with any kind of home treatment or medication? I look forward to your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Steve P.

Comments for Marble-Sized Eyelid Growth on Dog

My Online Vet Response for: Marble-sized Eyelid Growth on Dog

Hi Steve,
"At present we don't have money for vet tests and/or surgery. He appears healthy in every other way... Can you help with any kind of home treatment or medication?"

Unfortunately, Steve, there is no simple home treatment or medication for these benign eyelid tumors. But you mentioned that he had a smaller growth last year that went away. And he apparently has no other 'internal' health issues at this time.

So, I wonder why this growth has continued to grow. Did you vaccinate him? At his age, this would have been a 'stress', and will act as a hindrance to his ability to heal.

Has his diet been only DRY DOG FOOD? That would also make it difficult for him to make the growth go away.

I suggest, NO MORE VACCINATIONS, improvement in diet (consider a RAW diet for him), using immune system supplements, and homeopathic remedies, would be important treatments for him. Finding a holistic veterinarian would be best to guide you along in the treatment plan.