Lump On Dog's Bottom At Base of Tail

by Maureen Ann M.
(United Kingdom )

Lump On Dog's Bottom At Base of Tail

Lump On Dog's Bottom At Base of Tail

My dog Billy has a lump on his bottom at the base of his tail. It seems to have a whitehead on it (see photo).

He is a 6 year old Rottweiler who has been neutered.

Comments for Lump On Dog's Bottom At Base of Tail

My Online Vet Response for: Lump on Dog's Bottom at Base of Tail

September 2, 2013

Hi Maureen Ann,
Billy appears to have either a sebaceous cyst or infected Adenoma (type of tumor) in the mucous membrane of his rectum. You did not mention how long it has been there, or how quickly it has grown to this size. So, I am not able to give you any further information on whether it may or may not be malignant.

If it appeared after a vaccination, there are several homeopathic remedies that would be helpful for treatment without surgery.

I advise seeking the help of a holistic veterinarian, as soon as possible.

In the meantime, NO VACCINATIONS, minimal to NO toxic flea or tick products. See our page on Dog flea treatment, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/dog-flea-medicine.html. Make sure he is fed a good diet, see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html, and consider a RAW diet for him. If not totally raw, then a compromise of part raw and part canned/cooked would be fine.