Lesion on My Dog's Front Leg

by Lorri
(Pennsylvania)

Lesion on Dog's Front Leg

Lesion on Dog's Front Leg

The lesion in the photo has been apparent for about a month. My dog is always licking it, it does not seem to bother her if you touch it and it does appear to have slowly gotten larger.

Comments for Lesion on My Dog's Front Leg

My Online Vet Response for: Lesion on My dog's Front Leg

Hi Lorri,

From the photo you submitted, the lesion in question appears to be a wart. This is a benign growth that can slowly enlarge over several months or stay the same size for several years.

Dog Warts: Types and Treatments

To treat these lesions with homeopathy, there are 78 homeopathic remedies listed in the New World Repertory for warts. For warts that 'itch' there are 14 remedies.

Since your dog seems to be 'always licking it', that may be because it itches. Some remedies that are useful for warts that itch, include Nitric acidum, Sulphur, and Thuya.

It would be best to seek the help of a holistic veterinarian, to narrow down the appropriate remedy which would best fit the symptoms for your dog.

- Dog Warts
- Dog Skin Conditions