Is My Dog's Growth Serious?

by Nick
(Walnut Creek, CA)

picture of growth

picture of growth

picture of growth
UPDATE: Clearer picture of growth #1
UPDATE: Clearer picture #1 of growth
UPDATE: Clearer picture #2 of growth
UPDATE: Clearer picture of growth #1

I have a 2 year old Puggle that has a growth on one of her hind legs. It's on the muscular part of the leg and we noticed the growth start a couple months ago. It's about 1/4 inch wide and is circular.

It used to be dark and the same color as her skin when it was smaller but it is a little lighter (pinkish) now that it has grown. It is not sore and she doesn't respond when we touch it.

Do you think this is just a benign tumor growing on her muscle or do you think it could be something more serious?

Comments for Is My Dog's Growth Serious?

My Online Vet Response for: Is My Dog's Growth Serious?

Hi Nick,

The photo you submitted is out of focus, and I cannot tell what the growth might be. Would you be able to send a better picture?

Actually, the Walnut Creek, California area has a number of excellent specialty practices that would be able to give an opinion. Although, they are not holistic.

I would suggest improving your dog's health in a natural way so that whatever triggered the appearance of this growth will be counteracted and encourage it to shrink and go away.

Diet: See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, and consider a Raw diet

Immune support: One of these supplements should be added to the diet, 1. Missing Link Canine Formula

VACCINATIONS: Check out the info from Current Veterinary Therapy XI, regarding Annual Vaccinations, by Dr. Ron Schultz. Dogs do not have to be vaccinated more often than every 3 years and most vaccines last for the life of the animal. Dr. Richard Pitcairn's book, Natural Health for Dogs and Cats, discusses the harmful effects of vaccinations, and how they contribute to a condition called 'Vaccinosis' which causes growths, warts, tumors, cancers, etc.

TOXINS: Avoid toxic flea and tick preventives. See our page on Natural flea treatment,

My Online Vet Responser for: Is My Dog's Growth Serious?

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the additional, improved photos. In my opinion, I am 90-95% sure that this appears to be a benign growth. But to be completely sure, it would be best to seek the help of a holistic veterinarian.

A holistic veterinarian would not only examine the growth, but look at your whole dog, including behavior and past history of any illness, to determine the correct treatment plan.

The improved diet, decrease in vaccination, immune support, and avoidance of toxins, should still be done. A holistic veterinarian may also suggest a homeopathic remedy, if indicated, to help shrink the growth.

- Dog Warts
- Dog Skin Conditions

Dogs do not NEW
by: Clark

Dogs do not have to be vaccinated more often than every 3 years and most vaccines last for the life of the animal. Dr. Richard Pitcairn's book.

buying soundcloud plays