Ingredients That Make Dog Treats Perishable

by Ursula
(Sao Paulo, Brazil)

I am writing from Sao Paulo, Brazil, on behalf of my boss, Mr. Spagat. Recently he was in the U.S. when he bought some dog biscuits and got some recipes.

His question is very simple: some recipes carry meat juice, liver juice, and other perishable ingredients. He would like to know if those ingredients can deteriorate the biscuits.

Many thanks,
Ursula E. Metz

Comments for Ingredients That Make Dog Treats Perishable

My Online Vet Response for: Ingredients that Make Dog Treats Perishable

Hi Ursula,
In my opinion, meat juice, liver juice, and other 'tasty' items are added to make the product (in this case, dog biscuits) more palatable. So they will taste good! Questions regarding ingredients listed on the package for individual products should be addressed to the manufacturer.

Regarding how perishable a product will be, it should be printed on the label. In the USA, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulates what goes on a label. So, it should include the expiration date, whether it needs to be refrigerated, etc.

I am not sure if this answers your question or not. It may be best to contact the company for further questions.

- How to Read a Dog Food Label

Your answer regarding dog biscuits
by: Ursula Metz

Thank you very much for your answer to our question. It was our first option to contact manufacturer but I didn´t succeeded in my survey. Perhaps you can help us. In this case, manufacturer is "Chef Fido - Dog Biscuit Cutter & Recipe Kit" from Pioneer Plastics, Elizabeth, CO 80107. Thank you again. Ursula Metz.

Chef Fido - Dog Biscuit Cutter & Recipe Kit
by: Jeff (OPD Administrator)

Hi Ursula,

You asked about the manufacturer of "Chef Fido - Dog Biscuit Cutter & Recipe Kit", but it appears that this is a plastic kit, not a dog food/treat company.

Here's the link to that product on Amazon.

And here's the link to Pioneer Plastics.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,