Indestructible Dog Beds :
Top 5 Reviewed
Indestructible dog beds… is there really such a thing? It seems like there are certain dogs capable of destroying just about anything you leave at their disposal.
If this sounds like your dog, rest assured that there is an answer to your dog bed dilemma.
We’ve researched the options and have come away with these 5 as the most indestructible dog beds out there...
- The Liquid, Odor & Chew-Resistant Big Shrimpy Planet-Friendly Original and Nest Beds (OPD's Top Picks)
- The Indoor/Outdoor Shebang Bed
- The Orvis Toughchew Dog's Nest
In addition to the company's quirky name, the Big Shrimpy Planet-Friendly Original Beds and Nest Beds get our top picks for several reasons (we'll get into the differences between them in a moment)...
- They're made with an extremely durable outer cover that will prevent your little chewer from getting through to the inside. If your dog does eventually wear the cover down (or you just want a new look), Big Shrimpy can sell the 12 available covers separately so you don't have to buy a whole new bed.
- They're liquid and odor resistant and do a great job preventing urine and other liquids from getting through.
- They're ridiculously comfortable. We sat and laid our heads on each and were tempted to doze off instead of writing this review.
- All parts are entirely machine washable, so you can wash only the parts that need it - including the innermost SmartFill filling - without any damage to the bed.
- They have a 3 year warranty on any manufacturer defect - just send it in and they'll repair it or replace it.
- Last but not least, the majority of the bed is made from recycled material. And if for whatever reason you decide to get rid of it at some point, Big Shrimpy is the only company we know of that has committed to recycling all of its old beds for no charge.
Our previously-purchased regular pet-store-bought beds typically lasted no more than a year and a half and did not have replaceable covers. As long as you follow Big Shrimpy's washing recommendations, you can expect the Original and Nest Bed covers to last from 5 to 7 years and the insides to last at least 15 years. This will save you anywhere from $500 to $1,300 over the 15-year life of the bed.
It really depends on your dog and her sleeping preferences. If your dog is a snuggler or likes to curl up, the Nest is for her. Go with the Original style if your dog is more of a sprawler or weighs over 110 pounds.
Outside of the design, the only real differences are the amount of recycled material used and the sizes available. The Original style is made up of 85% recycled material and comes in small, medium, large and extra-large sizes, while the Nest uses 74% recycled material and comes in small, medium and large sizes.
The price for each bed is comparable by size and ranges from the mid to high $90's (for the small) to $199.99 (for the x-large original bed).
If you're on the fence, don't worry too much... you and your dog will love either of 'em. Click the following links for more info...
The Indoor/Outdoor Shebang Bed is a large, cushiony style dog bed but is made with weather and chew resistant materials. The bed is great because it's still super soft and comfortable, yet suitable for almost any indoor or outdoor activity. Your little destructor will never know the difference!
Some of this bed's qualities include:
- 100% polyester - great for decks, patio's or dog houses
- Odor resistant
- Easy wipe down or machine washable
- UV protected to keep color from fading
- Available in three sizes and two colors
- Price ranges from $27 to $50
The Orvis Toughchew Dog's Nest's simple circular design and chew resistant double liner can stand up to the most persistent of chewers.
This bed is a non-organic option but has been included because of its reputation as one of the sturdiest dog beds on the market. It’s made from a rugged 1,000-denier Cordura nylon and is filled with easy-clean-up high lofting polyester fill, just in case your dog’s persistence wins the battle.
Orvis also offers a 100% Money Back Guarantee, stating, “If your dog can chew through it we’ll refund your money! No questions asked.” Or they will send you a replacement as soon as the next day.
- Durable chew and weather resistant double liner
- Cedar fill repels insects and keeps bed smelling fresh
- Liners are machine washable
- Available in five colors and patterns and four sizes
- Price ranges from $65 to $120
Was this page helpful? If so, please tell your friends about it with a Facebook like or via Twitter, Pinterest, email or good old fashioned word of mouth. Thank you for supporting our efforts!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.
For additional research, search for your topic...
- All Dog Snuggle Bed Reviews - includes all categories of dog beds, including indestructible dog beds
In the spirit of full disclosure, we wanted to let you know that we proudly support this website through advertising and affiliate marketing. In other words, when you click on a link that takes you outside of this website, we often earn a small commission. These small commissions allow us to keep the site up and running and to continue offering it completely free of charge to you. Rest assured that all content, recommendations and advice are created before, and are independent of, any sponsorship or affiliate relationship. Click here for more info.