How to Prevent & Treat Dog Distemper Naturally

by Ruxi

I have 9 dogs. There is a HORRIBLE DISTEMPER EPIDEMIC in my country (Romania), worse than ever. It's a newly mutated form and very contagious.

I just found out after 5 of my friend's dogs (a veterinarian doctor) died even if though they were vaccinated (a Romanian vaccine). Apparently only Nobivac protect (or they recover easily even if they catch the virus).

In my country because of the permanent presence of distemper, vets vaccinate every year. I am against it and I don't have money to make titer tests, so I plan to vaccinate every 3 years because the Nobivac producers says that protection from Distepmer last 3 years.

I got scared and vaccinated ALL the dogs (some of them were old and never vaccinated) including the ones that got the DHPPi exactly 2 years ago. I did this 3 days ago after de-worming of course.

I gave sulphur ch 7 and silicea D6 for several days.

Unfortunatel I have 2 dogs that are not vaccinated (one is almost 11 years old, never vaccinated and a rescued German Sheperd which was abandoned or lost - the vet said she is 8 or9 years old).

One of my dogs had dirofilaria and malasezia (in ears) when I got her. The dirofilaria is cured after Milbemax and a lot of natural treatments including Nelson biorsonace zapping , but the ears are still a little infected.

There are also a 5 or 6 moths dog that I gave puppy DP in December but even after 2 deworiming and the vaccine she eliminated worms and i dont know if this affects the vaccine success!

Now I vaccinated ALL of them. But I am very scared because I don't know if they were already in contact with the virus. Some left the yard a couple of times and there are lots of stray dogs.

Now they are on colloidal silver, fish oil vitamin c and vitamin B from calivita, garlic, propolis, etc.

I searched the net and found Newcastle Disease Vaccine. I tried to find it in my country, on the page I read that VITAMIN B HELPS THE DISTEMPER SPREAD IN THE BODY so I don't know if I should give them or not.

I ordered distemperinum ch 30 from and also have a lot of remedies that I found for respiratory skin or nervous forms.

I want to buy Noni, and maybe Oxygen because they say it destroys pathogens from cells.

All the dogs have a respiratory infection from 3 years living in cold winters. Sometimes they have a little discharge from the eyes so early diagnosis will be hard. Also the vaccine can lead to false results.

I want to prepare for the worst. I have QXCI bioresonace device and I tested and treated all the dogs and not onlz Infection is present (that will not be a rpblme) but the device

If you know QXCI or SCIO, you know it detects everything in early / even energetical stages.

Please, some advice in preventing / treating distemper.

Comments for How to Prevent & Treat Dog Distemper Naturally

My Online Vet Response for: How to Prevent & Treat Dog Distemper Naturally

February 17, 2015

Hi Ruxi,
Your situation sounds very desperate, and I will try to help as much as I can via 'long distance'. My deepest sympathy to your veterinarian friend on the loss of his 5 dogs.

You appear to be well stocked on your supply of homeopathic remedies.

Both Silicea and Sulphur are excellent remedies for use in vaccination reactions. And the Distemperinum is a wonderful nosode for use in the early 'incubation' phase of the disease. Dr. Richard Pitcairn, in his book Natural Health for Dogs and Cats, has a great detailed description of the different remedies and which ones to use depending on the symptoms. He says, the Distemperinum 30C (the same as CH), "is the most effective remedy for the early stages of the disease, and can produce recoveries in just a day or two. He suggests a dose of 1 pellet morning and evening until improvement is evident. Then only if symptoms flare up again."

Dr Don Hamilton, in his book, Homeopathic Care for Cats and Dogs, has found the same experience using the Distemperinum nosode. He says, "I have found it generally effective if the nosode is given at about the same time as the exposure to the infectious organism. It does not work well if given more than a few days in advance. Administration is probably best during the incubation period--the time between exposure and the first appearance of symptoms."

Distemper virus is spread through the air from coughing or sneezing, or by contact with contaminated bowls, toys, bones, etc but the virus only remains alive in the environment for about 12 minutes or less. It is easily killed with cleaning products. There is a 6-9 day incubation period.

As you have now vaccinated ALL 9 of your dogs, from your 5-6 month old puppy (that was also vaccinated in December), to your older 2 dogs 8-9 year old German Shepherd rescue and the 11 year old that was never vaccinated, and they have received Silicea and Sulphur remedies for adverse reaction to a vaccine, I think now is the time for boosting their immune system, good hygiene and avoiding contact with dogs of unknown health status.

Here is the plan:
1. If possible feed them fresh raw meat, (no raw pork or raw fish), combined with balanced canned food diet, mixed with cooked vegetables. Dr. Pitcairn's book also contains recipes for making your dogs food.

2. Immune supplements: Standard Process Canine Whole Body Support. You may need to obtain this through a veterinarian. It is a powder that is added to the food two times daily.

Vitamin C-Dr Pitcairn dosage for Vitamin C, (buffered Vitamin C, not ascorbic acid) 250 mg for puppies and small dogs, 500 mg for medium dogs, and 1,000mg for large or giant breeds, one to two times daily. Much more frequently if they have distemper. (every 2-3 hours during the daytime)

You mentioned that you are adding: colloidal silver, fish oil vitamin c and vitamin B from calivita, garlic, propolis to their diet. I have heard that the Colloidal silver can interfere withe homeopathic remedies, (Dr Pitcairn), so I do not recommend its use.

Everything else is ok.

I would not give the Newcastle Disease Vaccine, and the B-vitamins in the food will be sufficient. You wrote, you would like to get
"Noni, and maybe Oxygen" but I do not think that is necessary.

3. Clean all dog bowls with hot water and soap after each meal. And clean bedding 2-3 times per week. Also, dog chew toys should be cleaned in hot or boiling water 2-3 times per week.

4. Keep all dogs confined to leashes when out walking to minimize exposure to stray dogs.

current situation of my dogs
by: ruxi

My dogs are still ok, I treat them all the time with everything that i s been 11 days sin e the vaccine, still waiting.

another question
by: ruxi

I have 3 quesgions subscription, I want to ask another quesntion about my cat and dont know how I do this, where do I sign up??
I fed my cat , one hour ago, a raw chickdn bone(leg) as a homeopath australian vet told me, the problem is that my cat is voracious ( it was supposed to make her chew her food) cause she is diabetic.
she is also very big and strong. She broke a piece (not a small piece)and swallow it hole. She is very hapy now and i know taht only cooked bones makes splinters, but i am worried that in the process of digestion there is a danger of hurting the intestines. An operation would be awfull...
I am thinking of a Arnica c7 as prevention, i dont know if Silicea is helpfull(it s good for eliminating foreig bodys). Please some advice maybe for the future, i think of turkey bigger bones, i understand that cow bones is a danger for teeth. I was also advised to change her on a raw diet but in Romania the eat is not well inspected so it a danger(salmonella etc), the only thi g i know is freezing for 30 days but it ssoooo complicated

My Online Vet Response For: How to Prevent & Treat Dog Distemper Naturally

February 26, 2015

Hi Ruxi,
Your subscription is still good!

Regarding your cat that ate a large piece of raw chicken bone:

She should be ok.

"i am worried that in the process of digestion there is a danger of hurting the intestines...."

Yes, that is always a possibility. I would monitor her over the next 24-36 hours. Food stays in the stomach for 4 hours, then moves on to the small bowel. It passes through the intestine over the next 12-18 hours. If she develops an obstruction from not digesting this piece of bone, she will have symptoms of abdominal discomfort. She may stop eating, have vomiting or dry retching, stay hunched over her water bowl not drinking but acting very uncomfortable, and possibly drooling/saliva dripping from her mouth.

If she has none of these symptoms, and she is able to pass stool in 24 hours, you should have nothing to worry about.

For the symptoms 'Slow or Impeded Digestion', the remedies Calcarea carbonica and Pulsatilla are good to use.

I combined her two symptoms of
1. Diabetes
2. Eating hasty
the top remedies are platina, aurum and sulphur.

Obstruction of the intestine is better treated with Phosphorus. And Silicea is useful for a foreign body in the skin, although it might work for the intestine if she fit the symptoms.

For the future, if you were to cut the pieces of chicken bones to 1-1 1/2" in length, it would be easier for her to chew/swallow. Turkey bones would be the same, if you could cut them that small.

cat situation
by: ruxi

I wrote also to teh homeopathic vet that recomended the diet and he said she ll be ok. She had 2 normal stools , as always, it s been more than 26 hours. She is happy and fine.
The truth is that she pictures very well Calc carb , that was my conclusion and also the first homeo vet that consulted her. But she got no improvement. Now i have calc 12d along with other tissue salts, like na mur(it seemed to made an improvement).Tissue (Schuessler salts) are awsome and everybody should have at least the main 12 salts in house, they are safe and effective(if they are well prepared ,cause i had surprises with some Romanian remedies...uf)
The vet that consulted het yesterday think she is a Sepia, strange they are ALL MARINE Remedies, and Sepia suits me also quite well. Homeopathy is soooo interesting and subtle, also the bond with the owner is stronger than people think( i see this al the time cause i work with bioresonance SCIO on pets).
Maybe Sepia will work,(after i ll fing a good LM dilution) the vet is the former president of vet. homeopathis organization in australia so maybe he knows better.
I think it will be nice to see on this page some i formations aboutraw natural diet in cats, i have many questions mainly about bactrerias, salmonella esp, in cats with weak immune system (diabetic for ex). I cooked a little bit the chi ken leg , i also tihink freezi g for long time is good but soooo incovenient. I ll do some research on the net, maybe washing with vinegar or freezing at very low temperature is good. In some countries food inspection are not reliable.
Also i have problems with making her CHEW she is soooo voracious that will swallow the little pieces of bone, the idea is to make her chew to stimulate saliva and digestion. I try to imgine something that will taste good (or impregnate with something tasteful) but cannot be breakable...she is strong as a dog!!!
PS If u can transfer this topic with a title like raw diet in cats , or so, it will be good for others visitors!