Homeopathic Medicine for Dog Epilepsy

by Melissa
(Las Vegas)

My 2 1/2 year old lab/beagle mix was diagnosed with epilepsy in December after having three seizures in a 24 hour period.

She has always been healthy. She has been on Phenobarbital 32.4 mg, a pill and a half twice a day. She had been fine but had another seizure last Saturday.

The vet decided not to up her medicine at this point.

I've been looking for homeopathic medicine online to give her as well as the phenobarbital. I'm so confused as to which one I should give her. Can you please recommend one?

I can't afford the expensive treatments but I would like to try to help her. She is part of our family and I love her dearly. I hope that you can recommend a medicine.

Thank you,

Melissa

Comments for Homeopathic Medicine for Dog Epilepsy

My Online Vet Response for: Homeopathic Medicine for Dog Epilepsy

Hi Melissa,

When treating an illness using holistic medicine, whether it's Homeopathy, Acupuncture/Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, Chiropractic, etc. you must treat the WHOLE patient. You are currently treating the 'imbalance' in the patient, the symptoms, rather than the underlying root issue that is causing the seizures.

Therefore, when you wrote,
"I've been looking for homeopathic medicine online to give her as well as the phenobarbital. I'm so confused as to which one I should give her. Can you please recommend one?"

A remedy must 'fit' the patient. Choosing a single remedy without taking into account the 'constitution' of the patient would be similar to prescribing a conventional drug.

In this case, your dog had a seizure and was prescribed phenobarbital. In Holistic medicine, every patient is an individual. Therefore, one patient with a seizure, may NOT get the same remedy as another patient that also has seizures.

It would be best to seek the help of a holistic veterinarian, to 'take the case' and work out the best remedy to fit your dog! As you are in Las Vegas, Nevada, I offer MY services to you at the Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital! Call for an appointment!

It is also very important to adjust the diet, so that it's the healthiest diet possible. This will help immensely with the healing process. 10 Best Dog Food Options

You should also consider a raw dog food diet, click here to learn why: Raw diet

NO MORE Vaccinations. (I can discuss this with you at more length during an appointment.)

- Dog Epilepsy & Seizures - Diagnosis & Treatment
- Ask a Vet Online Library - Dog Seizures & Dog Epilepsy Section