Holistic Veterinarians in California
Created with Compare Ninja
Dr. Tillman graduated from the University of Florida's School of Veterinary Medicine in 1980 and is licensed to practice in Florida, Nevada and California.
She currently splits her time between the conventionally-focused Geary Veterinary Hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area and the holistically-focused Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital in Las Vegas, NV.
This dual-hospital experience has given her the unique opportunity to practice conventional and alternative medicine simultaneously. After many years of experiencing the dramatic success of alternative medicine over conventional medicine, Dr. Tillman decided to pursue a formal education in homeopathy in 1996. She has since studied acupuncture, herbal medicine and several other areas of holistic veterinary care.
Following are the treatment modalities that she will consider when treating your pet:
- Conventional (non-holistic) Medicine
- Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- Herbal Medicine
- Behavior Modification
- Mega-nutrients, Augmentation Therapy
- Nutritional Therapy
Dr. Tillman's affiliations include:
- AVMA - American Veterinary Medical Association
- AVH - Academy of Veterinary Homeopathy
- AHVMA - American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
- The Chi Institute via the American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
Her background includes:
- 1980: Graduated from the University of Florida's School of Veterinary Medicine
- 1980 - 1982: Small animal and equine medicine - Sparks, NV
- 1982 - 1986: Small animal and equine medicine - Tahoe City, CA
- 1986 - 1988: Small animal relief work - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- 1988 - present: Primarily conventional medicine at the Geary Veterinary Hospital - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
- 1982 - present: Primarily alternative medicine at the Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital - Las Vegas, NV. First introduced to alternative medicine here in 1982.
- 1996 - 1997: Completed the renowned Dr. Richard Pitcairn's homeopathy course
- 1996: Completed preliminary acupuncture course
- 2006: Visited China to study holistic medicine with the Chi Institute, the leading veterinary continuing education provider of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM)
- 2007 - 2008: Completed the Advanced Course in Acupuncture at the Chi Institute
Carol Jean Tillman, DVM
Geary Veterinary Hospital
1514 Palos Verdes Mall
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
To contact Dr. Tillman...
- Either call her office: 925-391-1064
- --OR-- Schedule an office visit using the email form below (we promise to keep your information strictly confidential and we will not share your information with anyone outside of Dr. Tillman's office)...
*Disclaimer: Organic Pet Digest assumes no liability for the accuracy of the information listed for each veterinarian or the treatment they provide.
Do you believe in holistic pet care? If so, please tell your friends about us with a Facebook like, Google +1 or via Twitter, Pinterest, email or good old fashioned word of mouth. Thank you for supporting our efforts!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.
For additional research, search for your topic...
In the spirit of full disclosure, we wanted to let you know that we proudly support this website through advertising and affiliate marketing. In other words, when you click on a link that takes you outside of this website, we often earn a small commission. These small commissions allow us to keep the site up and running and to continue offering it completely free of charge to you. Rest assured that all content, recommendations and advice are created before, and are independent of, any sponsorship or affiliate relationship. Click here for more info.