Holistic Treatments for Cloudy Dog Eyes

by Lindsay
(Australia)

Are there any organic / holistic treatments for a cloudy cornea? My dog is a Maltese / Shiatsu cross, 11 years old, and has had cataracts surgically removed from both eyes but has a cloudy cornea and is only dazzle positive.

Phenylephrine, etc is proscribed at the moment but I think there may be an alternative medication that may clear the problem and give at least limited vision.

Comments for Holistic Treatments for Cloudy Dog Eyes

My Online Vet Response for: Holistic Treatments for Cloudy Dog Eyes

February 5, 2014

Hi Lindsay,

Without a photo I am not sure if the cloudy corneas are due to scar tissue from the cataract surgery, or due to some other ongoing disease. Until you can send a photo, I suggest you give her the homeopathic remedy Silicea 12C or 6C.

This is given BY MOUTH. You can dissolve one pellet into a glass eye dropper bottle, and fill with Spring Water. Give her 1/2 dropper full *by mouth* TWO times daily for the next 3-6 weeks to see if the cloudiness improves.

Cloudy Cornea
by: Lindsay

The cloudy cornea occurred prior to cataract surgery and made cataract surgery difficult.

The cloudiness happened fairly quickly firstly in the right eye then some time later in the left eye.

Regards

Lindsay.

February 6, 2014

Hi Lindsay,
Thank you for the photo. The inflammation/cloudiness of her cornea is not what I expected. Since this occurred after or due to surgery it appears to be 'uveitis' or inflammation of the uvea, commonly called 'blue eye'.

Treatment is with the homeopathic remedy SULPHUR. Give her 30C or 200C three times daily for 3 days. The higher potency is available from a holistic veterinarian.

You can give her one dry pellet by mouth three times daily for 3 days, or dissolve one pellet in 2 oz of Spring Water and give her 1/2 dropper full by mouth three times daily for 3 days.

If she is not 50% improved in 24-36 hours, then stop the Sulphur, and switch to the remedy ACONITE. Give 30C or 200C the same as above.