High & Low Numbers on Dog Lab Results

by Gina Frias
(Guaynabo, PR)

I took my Chesapeake dog to get his preventive care exam yesterday and these are his lab results. Should I be worried about all the high and low numbers on them?

Thanks, Gina

Comments for High & Low Numbers on Dog Lab Results

My Online Vet Response For: High & Low Numbers on Dog Lab Results

June 21, 2014

Hi Gina,

Albumin too low--Protein deficient, or deficient in good quality, easily absorbed protein in the diet.

Globulins too high--inflammation and/or stimulation of immune system. (Can be external on skin, or internal such as with digestive tract.)

Eosinophils too high--allergies or parasites (internal and/or external)

Pancreas enzymes slightly elevated--diet may be too high in fat and indicates possible digestive problem.

Calcium and Potassium levels too low, either due to low albumin, absorption problem, or poor diet.

Still pending free T4, Rabies and Vaccine antibody titers.

1. Check for parasites, internal and external.
2. Make sure diet is healthy and balanced, canned and/or RAW!
3. Avoid vaccinations, or have a holistic veterinarian write an exemption for vaccinations.
4. Avoid toxic flea/tick preventions.

Let me know if you have other questions!

What do I need to change?
by: Gina Frias

1. Its tick season and I check him everyday and find 2 to 3 on him. His fecal exam came out negative.
2. I feed him 1 lb of raw meat (I rotate between chicken breast bone and skin in, ground turkey, and hake fillets)at 8am, another 1 lb at 3pm, and at 10pm a give him 2 cups of Sojos Grain free with added fresh fruits or veggies (for example broccoli, bananas, mangos, papaya, pineapple, or avocado). I also add azmira garlic aid daily, azmira vit e 200, and krill oil. He weighs 85 lbs.
3. He hasn't been vaccinated since he was 1 year old he is now 7 years old.
4. I do not apply any flea or tick repellents of any kind on him. and fumigate my house with wondercide eco treat.

What do I need to change?

June 22, 2014

Hi Gina,
It sounds like you are already doing everything right! You also mentioned, 'hake fillets'. I do not recommend raw fish or raw pork.

Since his pancreas enzymes are slightly elevated I advise all of the meat to be low fat, do not include the skin, (which is higher fat), and perhaps decrease the krill oil and other oils to be reduced by half. He may be able to digest beef more efficiently, so introducing some raw beef (extra lean) into his diet and not include hake fillets, and decrease the chicken and turkey, may help to increase the albumin.

The Sojos grain free with the fruits and vegetables, garlic and Vit E are good.

Ticks can be found anywhere, especially in a warm climate. And only 2-3 would not cause a decrease in protein, or albumin. But could be a cause for the increase in eosinophils. Try using the EVOLV by Wondercide, (made from cedar oil) to try to repel ticks.

Perhaps a supplement such as Canine Whole Body support, by Standard Process, or Mega C, by Orthomolecular Specialties, (Dr Belfield), both are vitamin/mineral supplements would help to increase his calcium and potassium.