Hemp Dog Collars : Why Hemp Is Good & the Top 3 Collars
Why is everyone talking about hemp dog collars? Why are they said to be more eco-friendly? Why are they better than collars made out of synthetic fibers and dyes?
Most people know the word hemp and understand that it is a natural fiber, but the amazing qualities of hemp are largely misunderstood.
If you already have a clear understanding of hemp, jump on down to the top 3 hemp dog collars on the market:
- Earthdog hemp martingale collars
- Planet Dog cozy hemp adjustable collar
- The Good Dog Company Hemp Canvas Collars
Hemp is a natural fiber derived from a naturally occurring plant that has been farmed for the last 12,000 years. It is grown without the use of pesticides and herbicides and grows well in a variety of climates and soil types.
This is a tough question to answer quickly, but we'll do our best. Following are the highlights...
- Hemp fibers are longer, stronger, more absorbent and more mildew-resistant that cotton
- Products made from hemp block out more UV rays than any other known fabric
- Hemp can be made into a wide variety of fabrics, including linens
- Hemp could be the solution to many of the worlds current problems including deforestation, acid rain, erosion, pollutants, starvation and limited fossil fuels
- Virtually anything that can be made out of wood and plastic can be made from hemp
- It's hypoallergenic, 100% bio-degradable, odor resistant and anti-bacterial
...just to name a few! For a more thorough discussion, check out the North American Industrial Hemp Council's (NAIHC's) website.
Hemp has absolutely not illicit use. It is grown differently than marijuana and contains no THC, which is what gives the "buzz" from using marijuana.
You can't go wrong with any of the following dog hemp collars - pick a look and feel that you like and get your dog sporting this amazing fabric!
Earthdog Hemp Martingale Collar
Earthdog makes excellent hemp products, including dog hemp collars, toys and beds. Their Martingale collar is no exception.
Because this collar is only available in a 1" width size, we recommend it mainly for larger dogs and smaller breeds with a thicker and stronger neck (i.e. pugs).
The Martingale collar's product qualities include:
- Designed with a "limited closure" design, perfect for dogs that slip out of their collars
- Made from 100% hemp canvas which is hypo-allergenic and triple layered
- Available in three length sizes
- 10 unique designs
- Price ranges from $19.99 - $24.99
This collar is the ultimate in strength, comfort and durability. Planet Dog promises that this collar will stand up to "rigorous salt-water swims, mud puddle baths, snowy romps and the occasional roll in the sand."
This collar is suitable for large or small breed dogs, and stands out among the competition for one main reason... comfort! This dog hemp collar is fleece lined which makes it super soft against your dog's skin.
The Planet Dog Cozy Hemp Collar's product qualities include:
- Made with an incredibly strong, nylon reinforced, quick release buckle for extra durability
- 100% natural hemp and fleece material
- Available in three colors and designs
- Matching leads also available from Planet Dog
- Available in three sizes, with widths for both small and large breeds
- Price ranges from $ 17.99 - $19.99
- The matching hemp leash is equally impressive - click here to check it out.
This attractive collar is made from durable hemp material and furnished with heavy-duty hardware, allowing for years of ruff-n-tuff wear.
We love the designs available, which are bright, colorful and original.
Other product qualities of the Canvas Collars include:
- 100% natural and biodegradable material
- Hypo-allergenic, odor resistant and durable
- Available in 3 sizes, Small, Large and X-Large
- Available in 5 adorable designs
- Price ranges from $17.99 - $19.99
- The matching hemp leash review can be found by clicking here
Was this page helpful? If so, please tell your friends about it with a Facebook like or via Twitter, Pinterest, email or good old fashioned word of mouth. Thank you for supporting our efforts!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.
For additional research, search for your topic...
In the spirit of full disclosure, we wanted to let you know that we proudly support this website through advertising and affiliate marketing. In other words, when you click on a link that takes you outside of this website, we often earn a small commission. These small commissions allow us to keep the site up and running and to continue offering it completely free of charge to you. Rest assured that all content, recommendations and advice are created before, and are independent of, any sponsorship or affiliate relationship. Click here for more info.