Heart Beat Health Dog Food Recipe

by Brandy
(Vancouver, WA)

This feeds two medium size dogs who also get protein snacks during the day as supplement.

Ingredients

- 1/4 lb ground beef heart (it's $1.79/lb versus $3.79/lb for cheap ground beef at the meat market.)
- 2 chicken or turkey hot dogs chopped (Winco: 48/pkg for $7.18)
- 1 Tbsp either or mixed green/red/yellow peppers chopped
- 1/2 celery stalk finely chopped
- 1 large carrot finely chopped with green peppers
(Can vary this with 1/2 cup green beans/peas/brocoli/or veggie mix)
- 2 cups 'over-cooked' brown rice (to accomodate short bowel)
- 1 cup cooked oatmeal (I never use instant anything)
- 1/4 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp garlic (not everyone agrees with use of garlic but it has never harmed any of my dogs and keeps them flea free)
- dash cayenne
- 2 fish oil capsules
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt

Instructions

Cook beef heart in skillet on medium and add hot dogs to warm. Put chopped peppers, celery and carrots in small amt of water and cook in microwave 5 minutes at 60% power to soften.
Mix precooked rice and spices together and add veggie and meats, mixing them up. Top with 1 tablespoon yogurt.

Tumeric and cayenne has helped my 12 y/o dogs arthritis.
I buy beef heart in quantity and freeze in 1/4 lb pkgs.

I precook rice in large quantities and keep it in plastic bags in refrigerator to use each day.

I rarely use "white" anything except garbanzo or soy beans.

My dogs prefer soy beans in small quantities anyway

Comments for Heart Beat Health Dog Food Recipe

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
No hot dogs!

why would you give your dog hot dogs full of nitrates?

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homemade Dog Food Recipes.