Growths, Warts on Dog's Skin

by Koda's Mom
(Houston, TX)

2 larger growths - photo 1

2 larger growths - photo 1

2 larger growths - photo 1
2 larger growths - photo 2
2 larger growths - photo 3
Koda

Recently I have noticed several warts/growths on my dog Koda's skin. There is no discharge and they do not appear to bother him at all.

In the past few days, I have noticed more much smaller growths.

I have taken him to 2 vets after finding 2 of these growths. Both vets stated that they believe they are benign but could do a biopsy to be certain. This would entail putting Koda under which I do not want to do unless absolutely necessary.

Koda, a 10 1/2 year old Yorkie, has been on Royal Canin for Yorkshire terriers his entire life. In addition, I will mix sirloin steak (no fat) with the mix. I've included photos of the 2 larger growths.
Thank you

Comments for Growths, Warts on Dog's Skin

My Online Vet Response for: Growths, Warts on Dog's Skin

July 15, 2014

Hi Koda's Mom,

From the photos you sent, these are benign warts. They will start appearing as a dog ages. See our page on dog warts, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/dog-warts.html. Holistic veterinarians believe that they arise due to the effect of too many vaccinations, a condition called 'vaccinosis'.

Surgical removal will stimulate the growth of more warts. To 'treat' these growths, you must treat the WHOLE patient.

1. NO more vaccinations. You should seek the help of a holistic veterinarian to write an exemption form. Click here to find a holistic veterinarian in your area. Another resource for vets knowledgeable in homeopathy is AVH.org.

2. No toxic flea or tick products. Try EVOLV from www.wondercide.com.

3. Healthy dog food, NO DRY dog food. You wrote, "he has been on Royal Canin for Yorkshire terriers his entire life. In addition, I will mix sirloin steak (no fat) with the mix"
Royal Canin is a good brand, and even better if it is canned. Adding in the beef is good. And the best would be to add it RAW not cooked.
See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html. I would avoid RAW fish and pork. But raw chicken, turkey, beef or lamb, would be fine.

4. Homeopathic remedy THUYA, (Thuya occidentalis) 6C or 12C potency. Give Koda one pellet by mouth two times daily for 3-6 weeks, for vaccinosis. You may also dissolve it in Spring Water, one pellet in a 2 oz glass dropper bottle. Shake by hitting the bottom of the bottle against the palm of your hand 20 times, called succussing the remedy. And give him the same as above, 1/2 dropperful by mouth, TWO times daily for 3-6 weeks.

Report back in one month.

flea protection
by: Koda's Mom

You mentioned not to use a toxic flea product. Koda is on Trifexis. How do I know if that is a toxic one? You also mentioned raw meat. I should actually give Koda totally raw meat?

July 17, 2014

Dear Koda's Mom,

"Koda is on Trifexis. How do I know if that is a toxic one?"

Because it is less toxic using a brand of heartworm prevention which only prevents heartworm, rather than a combination product which prevents, fleas, ticks AND heartworm, such as the Trifexis brand.

Using Heartgard, (ivermectin), which treats ONLY heartworm, and then using a safe product like EVOLV from www.wondercide for fleas and ticks would be best.

"You also mentioned raw meat. I should actually give Koda totally raw meat?"

Yes, there are numerous benefits of feeding raw chicken, turkey, beef, lamb to dogs and cats, rather than cooked or processed meat.

NO RAW PORK or RAW FISH.

Raw meat contains Vitamin C, and other amino acids that are destroyed when the meat is heated and cooked. Since dogs produce their own Vitamin C in their bodies, pet food companies do not feel it is necessary to add it to dog food.

(Actually, it is ONLY humans, monkeys, guinea pigs, the Mediterranean fruit bat, and the Red Vented bul bul (a bird), that does NOT make Vitamin C. All of these species must have it in their diet every day.) All other animals on earth make their own Vit C.

If Koda has been 'over' vaccinated, or for some reason is now showing the effects of vaccinosis with these warts, I worry that she may NOT be making enough vit C, and her immune system must be weak. Adding some raw meat to her diet would help.

Reply
by: KODA'S MOM

Thank you for all your help.