Growths Near Dog's Anus & Dog Behavior Fits

by Elke S.
(Sunny Corner NSW Australia)

Dog anus growths - 1st photo

Dog anus growths - 1st photo

Dog anus growths - 1st photo
Dog anus growths - 2nd photo

About 3 months or so ago, I noticed a growth on my dog's behind next to her anus. I took her to a local vet who said it was not a problem and to bathe it with salt and warm water, which I did.

After about 2 months I noticed that it was not healing and returned to my vet who prescribed antibotics (Amoxyclav) and some cream to apply (which did not work). She told me that it was a common growth and not to worry as it would go away.

Since then I noticed that there are 2 growths now and they seem to be getting worse, much bigger and inflamed.

I then went to the local Pet Barn and told them of the problem and was given ointment (Septicide antiseptic cream) to apply. At first it seemed to work very well and the growths were clearing up for the better. But this only lasted 2 weeks and now they seem worse than ever.

Tarsha is a Female Siberian Huskey, aged 15 years.
Tarsh, is not eating as much as she used to and sleeps most of the day and night. I was told by Vet that is because she is an old dog and again she said not to worry.

Tarsha's diet consists of Raw chicken wings and dog biscuits.

In the last 2 months Tarsha has had 3 fits, the first one was a bad one but the other 2 were not as bad as the first.

Yesterday she tried to get up but panicked and had a slight fit. I still take Tarsha for walks in the morning and evening which she still loves.

Can you tell me what the growths are and can they be healed? I was told by my brother that she would need an operation to remove the growths, but as Tarsha is old I feel she would not handle an operation. I am also a pensioner and could not afford it. Hoping you can help.

Cheers, Elke

Comments for Growths Near Dog's Anus & Dog Behavior Fits

My Online Vet Response for: Growths Near Dog's Anus & Dog Behavior Fits

Hi Elke,
For your 15 year old Female Siberian Husky, Tasha, you wrote,
"Can you tell me what the growths are and can they be healed?"

I cannot tell you what the growths are by looking at the photo. I suggest having an impression smear done, or having a local anesthetic to remove a small piece of tissue to find out what type of growth it is.

Even using homeopathic remedies, it is useful to know if a cancerous lesion is involved or if it is a benign growth. Although, from your history, it seems that some of the treatments that were tried appeared to help a little. It may be that Tasha needs a homeopathic remedy, and also, some nutritional/immune system support to help her heal.

Tasha's diet could be improved by the addition of cooked vegetables such a carrots, green beans, zucchini and potatoes. Add some immune support such as Canine Whole Body Support by Standard Process.

Some other good immune system supplements would be:

Use either ONE or the other, homeopathic remedy Silicea OR Thuya, in a 6c or 12c potency. Silicea is useful for a tumor or growth that may have some infection. Thuya is useful for conditions known as vaccinosis. I do not know WHAT kind of growth Tasha has, that is why it would be good to find out with a tissue sample.

My Online Vet Response for: Growths Near Dog's Anus & Dog Behavior Fits PART TWO

Hi Elke,
Here is the rest of my response.

To make up the remedy, put one pellet into a 2 oz dropper bottle, fill with Spring Water, and succuss the bottle 20 times prior to each dose (Succuss the remedy involves hitting the bottom of the bottle against the palm of your hand). Give Tasha 1/2 dropperful two times daily for at least 3 weeks. If no improvement, then stop and try the other remedy.

It would be best to have a holistic veterinarian guide you along the way, especially with these 'fits' that you have mentioned. Without a more detailed description, I do not know if these are seizures (possibly from liver disease, anemia, or hypoglycemia), vestibular conditions or canine senile dementia-anxiety attacks.

by: Elke

Tarsha passed away 3 months ago and is now in dog heaven
Love Elke

Hi Elke,
My deepest sympathy to you at this time. I am sorry to hear of Tarsha's passing. At 15 years of age, she had a very long life.

"Tarsha passed away 3 months ago and is now in dog heaven"

and now she is a little angel in heaven!

Dr. Tillman