Growth on Inside of Dog's Back Leg

by Lynne
(BC Canada)

the growth on indsid of Jenny's back right leg

A few days ago my dog Jenny behaved strangely and peed without realizing she did. I only noticed the skin problem yesterday, and it is a bulb type growth with a black rim/ring around it.

She only complained of pain when our other dog had bumped or stepped on her leg where the growth is. The growth is on the inside of her back right leg.

I am not sure if it is a spider bite or a wart like tumor. I have been cleaning it daily with warm salted water and Tea Tree oil, also a natural salve of oil of Oregano with Vit E. Please help me to heal or remove it from her.

Jenny is a 5 yr old Yorkie. I give her a natural dry dog food of lamb .

Comments for Growth on Inside of Dog's Back Leg

My Online Vet Response for: Growth on Inside of Dog's Back Leg

September 25, 2013

Hi Lynne,

The growth/bump on the back of Jenny's hind leg, may be a mast cell tumor or an insect bite or sting. Since you only just discovered it, it is difficult to know if it started off small and has been slowing growing, or if it just appeared overnight, due to a spider bite.

If it has been slowing decreasing in size over the past 24 hours, it is probably an insect bite or sting.

But, since there is minimal to no surrounding redness or swelling, I am more inclined to think it is a growth. I am also concerned with the incidence of urinary incontinence. And I am curious if these problems occurred after receiving a vaccination. (Especially if the vaccination was given in her hind leg!)

For now, you can continue to clean the bump with hydrogen peroxide, and apply the ointment, Thuya one to two times daily. http://store.theherbalhealthstore.com/bm0074.html

You should seek the help of a holistic veterinarian, and Jenny should have a complete homeopathic work-up to include the urine incontinence.

And make sure she is on a very healthy diet, NO DRY DOG FOOD. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html, and consider a RAW diet for her. AND NO MORE VACCINATIONS, especially if this 'bump' is determined to be a tumor, especially a mast cell tumor.