Growth on Dog's Legs

by Jason B.

My dog recently had a growth appear on both of her legs. They do not seem to provide her any discomfort.

She will be six years old in December and is Golden Retriever/Labrador mix. The image that I am attaching is the larger one, but there is a smaller growth on her other leg as well.

Does the growth look like a wart? Or do you think it is some sort of tumor that may need further follow-up from our vet?

Thanks. Look forward to your response.

Comments for Growth on Dog's Legs

My Online Vet Response for: Growth on Dog's Legs

August 25, 2014

Hi Jason,
From the photo you sent of the larger growth, it does appear to look like a wart. At 6 years of age, I would have both growths checked out by a holistic veterinarian. Especially, if they are growing rapidly.

Mast cell tumors will appear similar to warts, the only difference is that the mast cell tumors grow very rapidly.

And both mast cell tumors and warts will arise secondary to a vaccination.