Growth on Dog's Inner Leg

by Dyanne B.

10 yr old black lab. Very healthy but for this. Just noticed a week ago. Hoping it is nothing and if so removal ideas would be awesome as he is bugging at it a bit. It is on his inner hind leg

Thanks, Dyanne

Comments for Growth on Dog's Inner Leg

My Online Vet Response for: Growth on Dog's Inner Leg

March 6, 2015

Hi Dyanne,
From the photo, this growth appears to be a benign wart. I would not have it surgically removed. His body will just create another one. It's presence indicates that he may have a syndrome called 'vaccinosis'. This is caused by too many vaccinations, which in a susceptible individual will cause warts, tumors, cysts and/or cancer to develop.

It would be best to avoid any more vaccinations. You can seek the help of a holistic veterinarian to write an exemption form.

See our page on Dog Warts, for suggestions on what to do.

Feed him a wholesome diet, (no DRY dog food) and check out our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options,, and consider a raw diet, or a combination of raw plus canned. A holistic veterinarian would be able to adjust a diet that would be best for his *constitution*, based on physical exam, and the presence of a wart.