Growth on Dog's Elbow

Picture of Dog Elbow Growth

Picture of Dog Elbow Growth

I have a 2.5 year old Stafford Shire terrier with a growth on her elbow (the back of her front leg). I noticed it two weeks ago and have been putting anti-fungal and anti-bacterial creams on it. The creams do not seem to do anything.

She was eating Pedigree Beniful dog food, but I switched her to Rachel Rays dog food after seeing the growth.

How should I treat this?

Comments for Growth on Dog's Elbow

My Online Vet Response for: Growth on Dog's Elbow

April 2, 2014

Hello,
The photos you submitted of this growth, look like either a histiocytoma or a mast cell tumor. It could possibly be a benign wart, but I doubt it at this age. (You said she was 2 1/2 years old.)

NON-surgical treatment would be ideal. The location would make any incision slow to heal, due to pressure every time she lays down on it. And the elbow is a difficult location to keep bandaged.

Treating her with homeopathic remedies, a RAW diet, and NO MORE VACCINATIONS, would be best.

1. Oral Thuya 30C one dose one time daily for three days. WAIT 3 weeks to observe the response.

2. RAW diet-see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html

3. NO MORE VACCINATIONS, you will need to seek the help of a holistic veterinarian to write an exemption form for your dog.

dosage
by: Rich

What dosage should I give for the oral thuya 30 c ?

April 10, 2014

Hi Rich,
The dosage was listed in #1 above:

how much is a dosage ?
by: Rich

Define dosage ? Is it one drop, two drops or ten drops ? Once a day for three days.

April 12, 2014

Hi Rich,
Sorry, I did not explain the dosage very well.

I wrote,
"Oral Thuya 30C one dose one time daily for three days. WAIT 3 weeks to observe the response."

Homeopathic remedies are commonly purchased as tiny pellets. Remedies can be given as DRY (putting one pellet into the mouth, is considered ONE dose) You are not supposed to TOUCH the pellets. The tube that the pellets come in, has a cap that you can take off and set on the table. Turn the tube upside down and twist one end. The correct 'dose' (one pellet) will drop out into the cap.

Or given as *WET*, one pellet is dissolved in Spring Water in a 1/2 or 1 oz glass eye dropper bottle.

And one dose would be to give 1/2 dropperful of the liquid by mouth. And always *SHAKE* the bottle, by succussing it 20 times. That is done, by using the bottle, and hit the palm of your hand 20 times.