Growth on Dog's Back Inner Legs/Groin with Rash

by Jay
(MN)

Up close growth and rash

Up close growth and rash

Up close growth and rash

Tonka boy!

A growth has come about on my dog Tonka's inner back thigh or groin and I have never noticed it before, can't really say how long he has had it. He has also been itching around area and on both sides of inner back legs a rash has appeared.

So my question is on the growth and rash.

Tonka is a heart worm survivor as I spent a thousand and up on him he is 5. Tonka has been cured for about a year, year and a half.

He is an active dog, and he is an inside dog, only goes out to go potty.

I have recently gotten a cat for my daughter. It's a 3 year old cat, has records of being treated for fleas.

My dog has never had a flea issue before, and the growth wouldn't be by fleas I'm guessing, checked him very good for fleas throughout his fur and found nothing.

Tonka is a pitbull/walker hound mix and is my family's pride and joy!

Comments for Growth on Dog's Back Inner Legs/Groin with Rash

My Online Vet Response for: Growth on Dog's Back Inner Legs/Groin with Rash

Hi Jay,

Even if you do not see any fleas on Tonka--he could have been bitten by a flea. Flea saliva in the skin will cause some dogs to itch and scratch for up to 3-4 days, from ONE bite!

This small wart-like growth may have been much smaller and because it is flesh toned, you would not have noticed it. Now the skin is red and inflamed, from Tonka itching, and the growth is probably enlarged due to skin inflammation.

It would be best to call flea busters or go to our page for Natural flea control,Natural Dog Flea Medicine and Products - Treatment & Prevention, and just follow our recommendations.

If the new cat stays inside and Tonka goes out into the yard, Tonka should have topical protection such as Wondercide

DO NOT APPLY ANY OF THE EVOLV ON YOUR CAT.

Diet is very important for the health of your dog's skin, and for his overall health, too! See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, and consider a RAW diet for Tonka. NO DRY dog food. This would apply to your cat too.

Vaccinations will contribute to formation of growths and warts, I suggest you find a holistic vet to write an exemption form for vaccinations.

Monitor the size of this wart-like growth over the next 2-3 months. As the skin inflammation subsides, he gets NO MORE vaccinations, and you improve his diet, it should shrink.

- Dog Warts
- Dog Skin Conditions