Growth on Cat's Lip

by Jacqueline G.
(Austin, Texas)

picture of growth

picture of growth

I noticed this growth on the corner of my cat's mouth today. It is not visible when his mouth is closed - but I noticed it when he opened wide. I can pull his lips back and see it. Touching it doesn't seem to bother him much - it is soft feeling.

I am wondering if it could be something simple, like a canker-sore type thing, or if it is something I should take him to the vet for further exploration.

Thanks!

Jackie.

Comments for Growth on Cat's Lip

My Online Vet Response for: Growth on Cat's Lip

Hi Jackie,
Great photo of your cat, and the growth!

Unfortunately, cats are more likely to develop malignant growths as they age. It is NOT common at all for cats to have warts or 'skin tags' as happens in dogs.

Therefore, I would advise you to seek the help of a veterinarian, preferably a holistic veterinarian, to help your kitty. A holistic veterinarian will concentrate on improving the health from the 'inside', with diet, NO MORE vaccinations, and treatment with homeopathic remedies, to take care of the growth.

From the photo, though, this does not look like a growth. If you are able to look INSIDE your cat's mouth to see if there is a 'wound' or something attached to the inner aspect of the lip, this might be creating something to appear as a 'growth' which you could clean or remove yourself. Just do not get bit!

It is good that your cat has a black face. White cats have increased risk of cancer due to sun exposure, more so than dark colored or black cats.

Update about Growth on Cat's Lip
by: Jackie

I called the vet and it was decided to
keep an eye on it. He's an indoor cat and I find when I take him to the vet, he's more inclined to come away with more issues than he went
in with. The growth hasn't changed at all, or gone away, and so I'm just waiting until he needs to go in for something else.

My Online Vet Response For: Growth on Cat's Lip

Hi Jackie,
Thank you for the progress report on the growth on your cat's lip.

At this point, during the 'watch and wait' period, you might consider this approach:- concentrate on improving the health from the 'inside', with diet. NO DRY CAT FOOD. Gradually switch to canned, or even better, a RAW diet. Check out the following to learn more about the benefits of a raw diet for cats:
- radfood.com
- felineinstincts.com
- rawfedcats.org
- catinfo.org

Make it a VERY slow transition, if he has been on dry food his whole life, this might be very stressful for him.

As he is an inside cat, I would NOT give any vaccinations to him. The effect of vaccines will only trigger a flare-up in 'vaccinosis' a syndrome related to the effects on an individual to vaccines (the development of tumors, warts, cancers is one of the effects seen).

And seek the help of a holistic vet for more *individual* treatment with homeopathic remedies.

Growth on cat's lip
by: Jan

Jackie, Did the growth on you cat's lip go away?