Growth Between Dog's Toes

by Martha

I have just welcomed my dog Bella, who is roughly 9 months old, into my home from a friend of a friend. They have only had her a few months. From my understanding she is a mix of hound, lab and husky.

While he was dropping her off to me he pointed out something in between her toes. I do know that it was not there a couple weeks ago when I first met her. He said he looked it up and said that it wasn't anything major and that it would fall off in a couple months.

I would like to be on the safe side now if I have to. Any information you can provide would be helpful for this first time dog owner.

Thank you,

Martha

Comments for Growth Between Dog's Toes

My Online Vet Response for: Growth Between Dog's Toes

January 10, 2014

Hi Martha,

Bella has a wart on her back foot. This is not unusual in a young dog, who has probably just been vaccinated and spayed. Vaccines can cause a susceptible individual to be prone to a condition in holistic medicine, called 'vaccinosis'. The homeopathic remedy Thuya 12C or 30C potency can be useful in treatment.

But in many cases, if she is on a healthy diet, (see our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html) and minimal future vaccinations, lots of love and plenty of exercise, it should go away by itself.