Growth Above Boston Terrier's Eye

by Melanie
(Germany)

My question refers to the post seen in this link.

I would like to avoid surgery, but everything we treated her with (consulting a vet of course), was not working (cortison cream, antibiotics).

I am afraid it is a form of cancer and by postponing the removal, it would have more time to spread.

It has been growing since November last year.

My Boston terrier girl is nearly 2 years old and

Any suggestions?

Melanie

Comments for Growth Above Boston Terrier's Eye

My Online Vet Response For: Growth Above Boston Terrier's Eye

January 14, 2015

Hi Melanie,
From the previous posting, (the one from 2011), you mentioned that your Boston Terrier has had vaccines. If this growth/lump above her eye appeared soon after a vaccination was given, or even several weeks later, I would definitely advise you to start her on the homeopathic remedy Thuya, (Thuja occidentalis).

This is available at health food stores, and in Germany, I believe it is also available over the counter in the pharmacy. I would start her on the highest potency available, either 30C or 200C if they have it.

Give her one pellet by mouth. Or you can dissolve one pellet in Spring Water, in a 1 or 2 oz glass dropper bottle. Succuss, or shake, the bottle 20 times by hitting it against the palm of your hand before each dose.

Give her ONE dose ONE time daily for only three days. Then wait 3 weeks to observe the growth. Measure the growth to monitor it over the next three weeks.

In the meantime,
1. NO MORE vaccinations.

2. Feed NO DRY Dog food. The best would be a RAW diet. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html

3. Do not use any toxic flea or tick products on her.

You did not mention if she has or had, any other health issues now or in the past. In some cases, giving a remedy may cause a 're-appearance' of an old symptom. For example a bladder 'infection'. Or itchy 'allergic' skin. These are not to be confused with a new illness occurring. If it is treated by conventional medicine, such as an antibiotic or a cortisone, it will interfere with her response to the Thuya.