Ground Round Hound Dog Delight

by Chicahuac
(Wichita, KS)

Ingredients:

1-2 lb chub of ground round beef
1-2 lb package thin sliced beef
1-1/2 cup of broccoli (can sub green beans)
1-1/2 cup of carrots (can sub sweet potatoes leave skin on)
1 tsp sea salt
1-2 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt)
2-3 tsp dried parsley
1 and 1/2 cup of white or brown rice
3 cups of water for white and 3 1/2 cups for brown

Directions:

In a large pot brown your ground round and sliced beef until brown, add your seasonings, veggies, and rice, add your water.

Bring to a boil and reduce heat stirring on occasion to keep from burning rice, lower heat to very low and cover until rice is done, let cool and serve 1 cup to every 25 lbs. One of my dogs weighs in at 100 lbs so he gets 4 cups a day 2 in the morning and two in the evening.

You can also sub chicken, salmon or ground turkey to mix it up. I do this for my dogs that way they get the fish (omega oils etc) needed in their diets. Your pups will lick their bowls clean and give you tons of puppy kisses :)

Comments for Ground Round Hound Dog Delight

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Salt Content OK
by: bkbijou

According to this site-

http://dogcare.dailypuppy.com/vetendorsed-homemade-dog-food-recipes-3132.html

"Founder's Veterinary Clinic of Brea, California, offers a sample recipe for 20-pound dogs that you can half for 10-pounders or doubled for 40-pound canines. It consists of 1/4 pound of cooked, skinless chicken; 1 cup of cooked brown rice; 1 cup of peas and carrots; 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil; and 1/4 teaspoon of a salt substitute."

Rating
starstarstar
Not sure about some ingredients

Web MD states that too much salt in a dog's diet can be dangerous; "It's not a good idea to share salty foods like chips or pretzels with your dog. Eating too much salt can cause excessive thirst and urination and lead to sodium ion poisoning. " They also do Not recommend adding any garlic; "Onions and garlic in all forms -- powdered, raw, cooked, or dehydrated -- can destroy a dog's red blood cells, leading to anemia. That can happen even with the onion powder found in some baby food. An occasional small dose is probably OK. But just eating a large quantity once or eating smaller amounts regularly can cause poisoning. Symptoms of anemia include weakness, vomiting, little interest in food, dullness, and breathlessness."

Rating
starstarstarstarstar
This is GREAT

Thanks so much, my furry babies love IT!

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homemade Dog Food Recipes.