Freeze 'r Burn (Meat flavored treats)

by Emily
(USA)

Ingredients

beef broth
small piece Milkbone
Puperoni stick
plastic disposeable cup

Instructions
Place Milkbone flat in the bottom of cup with the word "Milkbone" facing the ceiling.
Fill the cup about a half inch from the top with the broth.
Place the Puperoni in a "V" shape so the "V" point is in the center of the Milkbone and the sticks rest against the sides of the cup.
Freeze in freezer for 1-2 days and feed to your dog as a hot summer treat!

Comments for Freeze 'r Burn (Meat flavored treats)

Average Rating star

Rating
star
Yikes!
by: Mandy

I second what the first commentor said. Most of us come here for Organic and Natural treat recipes, and this one doesn't fit into that category by any stretch of the imagination. Totally unhealthy dog treat recipe. I also hope everyone out there reads the first commentor's info about using broth for dogs. This excellent advice, and something I've followed after talking to a dog nutritionist-ONLY use homemade broths!

Rating
star
Not Natural...

This is a natural and holistic pet website, and Milkbones and Puperoni are anything but natural! Also, when using broths of any kind in pet food or treats, remember that store bought broths contain lots of onions and a ton of salt. If you must use purchased broth, only use the low sodium kind, but homemade broth is much safer, and so easy to make. This recipe is a good idea, but the only way I would feed it to my dog would be to ditch the Milkbone & Puperoni for natural treats, and only use homemade "dog friendly" broth.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Homemade Dog Food Recipes.