Four-Year Wart on Dog's Head

by Ellen
(Kansas)

Please take a look at the wart on my rescued Tibetan Terrier's head which has been there since we rescued him about 4 years ago. He is now approx. 8 years old.

The wart sometimes gets bigger with fluid and then goes down. I have occasionally treated it with hydrogen peroxide to clean it followed by the application of Neosporin.

Please advise. We don't really want surgery and I have read this could be due to vaccinations. Should we continue to vaccinate?

Comments for Four-Year Wart on Dog's Head

My Online Vet Response for: Four-Year Wart on Dog's Head

Hi Ellen,
Yes, this is a wart on your 8 year old Tibetan Terrier's head. Warts commonly appear after too many vaccinations. Since you adopted your dog at 4 years of age, it might be hard to find out how often or how many vaccinations he had before you got him. In homeopathy, this condition of 'over vaccination' can lead to what is called, 'vaccinosis'.

I would advise you to seek out the help of a holistic, or WHOLISTIC, veterinarian. Ask for an exemption form to be written to exempt or excuse your dog from receiving any more vaccinations. At least until all of his health issues are resolved, including the wart. See our page Homeopathy for Dogs. You will find that a holistic, or WHOLISTIC, veterinarian is concerned about your WHOLE dog. NOT just the wart on his head.

It is important to feed him the proper nutrition, NOT DRY DOG FOOD. See our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options and consider a RAW diet for your dog.

In some cases, proper diet can help to reverse disease conditions, including warts! But in many cases, a homeopathic remedy is needed based on the symptoms, preferences and 'constitution' of the patient. And in dogs with a weak Vital Force, immune system supplements may also be necessary.

P.S. If you've found this service or our web site helpful, please "Like" us y clicking the like button at the top of the left margin. Thank you!