Fleshy Flat Dog Skin Growth

by Maria
(Long Island, NY)

mammary

mammary

mammary
ugly!

My 12 year old chocolate lab was taken to the vet for a growth on her underside... he didn't believe it was cancer and he gave me a topical ointment, synotic (fluocinol one acetonide 0.01% and dimethyl sulfoxide 60%). It didn't go away and it got bigger.

Now she's scratching and nipping at it.

Does it require surgery?

It's kinda fleshy and flat and I can lift it up and see under it.
She's such a pretty dog and this thing is so ugly!

Comments for Fleshy Flat Dog Skin Growth

My Online Vet Response for: Fleshy Flat Dog Skin Growth

July 30, 2014

Hi Maria,

Without a photo, you wrote,
"It's kinda fleshy and flat and I can lift it up and see under it.

"...he gave me a topical ointment, synotic (fluocinol one acetonide 0.01% and dimethyl sulfoxide 60%). It didn't go away and it got bigger.

Now she's scratching and nipping at it...."

The topical ointment may be causing it to burn or sting and causing her to be uncomfortable. I suggest you clean the area with a baby shampoo area rinse well and Hydrogen Peroxide, one time daily for the next 7-10 days.

Next, make sure she is eating a healthy diet. NO Dry Dog food, and check our page on 10 Best Dog Food Options, http://www.organic-pet-digest.com/10-best-dog-food-options.html

Also, NO MORE vaccinations. EVER! Search for a holistic veterinarian to write an exemption for no more vaccinations.

She may need the topical ointment Thuya 1C, available on line. Apply one time daily.

thank you for responding
by: maria

Sorry about the lack of pictures....I tried uploading but for some reason they did not post...they were visible before I hit submit. Will the thuya make it go away? She's on a grain free mix of dry and wet food and I add water to the mix. It just gets so expensive going with the cans. I look at it this way, I can't afford organic food for my family but I do buy healthy foods for my family. I can't afford to feed my dogs just canned food so I mix both the grain free dry with the grain free can. Just doing the best I can with what I got!

My Online Vet Response For: Fleshy Flat Dog Skin Growth

August 4, 2014

Hi Maria,
"Will the thuya make it go away?"

If the growth is due to vaccinosis, and is the exact and most 'fitting' remedy for her symptoms, then it will make it go away. If it is only a 'similar' remedy to her symptoms, it may just slow down the growth. In which case a more exact remedy will be necessary, and a holistic veterinarian will need to be consulted.

Your 'compromise' by combining both canned and dry is fine. In fact, you might try to mix in 1/3 dry, 1/3 canned, 1/3 raw meat to make up one meal. That way, 2/3 of her meal will be moist.

(NO RAW PORK or RAW FISH)

thanks
by: maria

Thank you...I will try the thuya and perhaps some raw meat, did I mention that my 'compromise' also consisted of 2 cups of water?....I had a shepherd once who was on a raw diet....funny thing, he wanted the dog food my other dogs were eating!! Go figure.
Thanks again and best wishes!!