Enlarged Mole Hanging From Leg

View of mole hanging on leg

View of mole hanging on leg

View of mole hanging on leg
Up close of mole

My 6 year old male American bulldog/Rottweiler has an enlarged mole hanging from the inside of his back right leg (about where his "knee" is). It started out as a small mole (I believe it appeared later in his life; ~3 years old). Recently I noticed the mole had gotten bigger and is dangling.

I assume it is dangling because he's been chewing on it or licking it. However, it doesn't seem to bother him. I just catch him licking it or possibly gnawing on it every once in a while.

Is this something serious?

Comments for Enlarged Mole Hanging From Leg

My Online Vet Reponse for: Enlarged Mole Hanging From Leg

April 7, 2015

Hello,
Regarding your 6 year old male American bulldog/Rottweiler with the enlarged mole: this is not serious, and could be removed easily with a local anesthetic and electrocautery to burn it off.

This is not 'pure' holistic medicine, but I would be concerned that the location of this mole, and because it is irritated from him laying down and walking around, and/or licking it that it could become infected. The appearance of these moles, warts, skin tags, etc arise due to the ill effects from vaccinations. Consider consulting with a holistic veterinarian for an exemption from vaccinations to prevent the formation of any more warts/skin tags/moles.