Dog's Eye Partially Rolled Up and Inflamed

by Catherine
(Shreveport, LA)

Dog's left eye appears to be partially rolled up and slightly inflamed.

Can you tell what's wrong?

Comments for Dog's Eye Partially Rolled Up and Inflamed

My Online Vet Response for Dog's Eye Partially Rolled Up and Inflamed

Hi Catherine,
It is difficult to tell very much at all from the photo you submitted. And you did not provide much history, regarding how long he has had the problem, or if you have had a diagnosis already.

Your dog may have an entropion, in which the lid is rolled under, and the hair is irritating the cornea. Or the third eyelid may be inflamed and elevated secondary to conjunctivitis. He may have a foreign body in his eye or a scratch on his cornea.

In any case, I would advise taking him to a veterinarian. If it is a chronic condition and a conventional veterinarian has not been able to solve the problem, then perhaps a holistic veterinarian will be able to help.

To find a holistic veterinarian in your area click here: